The police station library is a nice, dimly lit place where they let you smoke inside. It’s completely empty, because at this point like half the police force is dead. You gather around one of the desks – all the desks are in the middle of the floor, the space is very poorly optimized – and Luce fans the photocopies out.
The clue has to be in the bizarre photocopies you found in Harry’s desk, but they’re hard to look at, in more ways than one. The illustrations show vivisection, strange rites, and how to assemble a bookshelf that couldn’t possibly exist in a three-dimensional space. And you still can’t read the writing.
“I can’t find anything in the records,” says Shaft, from the other end of the room. His mustache is now taped on. “The Oslo Police Library lists dozens of codices in unknown languages, but reading through the list is making me hear voices and taste blood, so I’m gonna have to stop.”
“The answer has to be in here,” says Luce. She is struggling to maintain eye contact with the copies in front of her. “If we all just think-”
“Wait,” says Shaft, strutting over. “Where’s Dick?”
Angus whips out his cell phone and dials his brother’s number, but nothing comes up. He hangs up, looking worried.
“Didn’t he say he was the jailkeeper?” says Shaft. You look at each other.
You find the body of Dick P. Nuss in the third floor closet, the keys still in the outside lock.
Dick P. Nuss has died. He was the jailkeeper.
“That’s not possible,” says Angus, disbelief crowding out the grief in his voice. “We were all together, weren’t we?”
Sgt. Grumps bends over him, searching the folds of his coat. “There’s no note this time. But look.”
Dick’s body is covered in strange, irregular marks, as though mauled by many inhuman things at once.
- forget_it_jake – Detective Luce Hole
Owen1120 – Doktor Proktor– The first inspector
- A Winged Potato – Detective John Shaft (replacement for liz156)
Capt.LindsayFünke – Anita Glasscox– The second inspector Mello Yello Enthusiast – Hugh G. Jizztracks– Cop Lutair – Flocculent Fissure(replacement for Cuttles) – Cop
Subsaharan– Cop MacCrocodile – Richard Peter Nuss– Jailkeeper Snugglewumps – Detective Superintendent Stella Gibson– Cop Pulprobot – Major Bill Jobs– Cop Smapti Jones – Officer Snowman Jones– Cop Hotline BannerThief – Officer “BannerThief” Vakarian– Bad Cop JonHamm’sJohnHam – Officer Ralph “Lefty” Hamjab– Serial Killer
- Doctor Nick – Col. Angus Nuss
Zecko – Pistachio Lee, Ace Detective Creeper – Inspector Moufdo InDEEEEED – Officer Indy Rumpe– Cop GIRsCupcake– Bad cop
- Grumproro – Sgt. Grumps – The Specialist
111 cop (vanilla town)
- 1 investigator (true cop). If the investigator is killed, the position will be back-filled by a randomly selected townie after one in-game day.
1 jailkeeper. This role will NOT be back-filled if they are killed. 41 bad cop (mafia) 1 rogue cop (serial killer)
- 1 Specialist (alright fine she’s town)
- The investigator role will always be backfilled from the vanilla town population. If there are no more vanilla town members left, the role will be left empty.
- The jailer cannot jail themselves, or the same person two days in a row.
- Bad cops (mafia) will show up as BAD COP on the investigator’s EviSync. All others come up COP.
- The bad cops win when they are equal to the number of town-aligned players left.
- Town wins when all the bad cops and the serial killer are defeated.
- Serial killer wins when it comes down to just them and one other person.
- A three-way standoff between the last town, last wolf and SK will result in a special ending.
- A tie at the end of day results in No Lynch. A majority of living players voting for any one person (or No Lynch) ends the day early.
- No editing posts.
- No quoting or screencapping from your QTs.
- If you have any other questions about rules, please ask in QT, and I will answer publicly here.
DAY ENDS: 9 p.m. Eastern on Friday (countdown)