The long Norwegian night falls, and the auroras dance in the sky while synthesizers play soft minor chords in the forest. You all return to the log cabins, modern apartments, or bus stops where you sleep.
When morning comes, you are awakened by the sound of a horn. Rafto is driving around in a police bus, picking everybody up. He is dressed like a medieval English king doing a Vegas show. Only Anita Glasscox, the last person he stops for, dares to ask him about it.
“Oh yeah,” he says, “when I, uh, dealt with the problem last night, they were real happy to see me. One thing led to another and I ended up at this fuckin’ bacchanal in Carcosa. Fuckin’ wild, that place. You know they have two suns there?”
You all shake your heads. None of you has even heard of Carcosa. The more observant among you have noticed that Rafto’s nose has started to bleed.
“Anyway, with all that shit sorted, we’re gonna spend the day lying low in a ski lodge that got shut down last month for spruce trafficking. We can all pretend to look for cl-”
“Excuse me,” says Anita, still standing in the open bus door. “We’re NOT all here.”
Rafto looks at her, then pulls a yellow notepad labeled COP SHIT out of one pocket and looks it over.
“They weren’t home,” he says, putting the bus back into gear. “Maybe they’re at the station already. Goody-ass-two-shoes.”
When you get back to the police station conference room, you find two bodies propped up in front of the desk. Subsaharan has been shot cleanly through the chest; Major Bill Jobs has a claw hammer stuck in his head. Subsaharan’s body has a note on it:
Pulprobot and Subsaharan have died. They were both vanilla town.
“Shit,” says Rafto. For the first time he seems to notice his nosebleed, wiping it away in a long red streak on one white glove.
“Which one of you is “Baron Von Police IV, Esq.”? Who got the fuckin’ PDA that works?”
Nobody says anything. He curses again and kicks Bill’s stiff foot.
“This happened last night. These are cold, there’s nothing I can do with them. Fuck. We’ll just let the janitors sort it out.”
Aside from a low, steady stream of curses, the ride to the ski lodge is very quiet.
- Mello Yello Enthusiast
- Smapti Jones
- Hotline BannerThief
- Doctor Nick
118 cops (vanilla town)
- 1 investigator (true cop). If the investigator is killed, the position will be back-filled by a randomly selected townie after one in-game day.
- 1 jailkeeper. This role will NOT be back-filled if they are killed.
- 4 bad cops (mafia)
- 1 rogue cop (serial killer)
- The investigator role will always be backfilled from the vanilla town population. If there are no more vanilla town members left, the role will be left empty.
- The jailer cannot jail themselves, or the same person two days in a row.
- Bad cops (mafia) will show up as BAD COP on the investigator’s EviSync. All others come up COP.
- The bad cops win when they are equal to the number of town-aligned players left.
- Town wins when all the bad cops and the serial killer are defeated.
- Serial killer wins when it comes down to just them and one other person.
- A three-way standoff between the last town, last wolf and SK will result in a special ending.
- A tie at the end of day results in No Lynch. A majority of living players voting for any one person (or No Lynch) ends the day early.
- No editing posts.
- No quoting or screencapping from your QTs.
- If you have any other questions about rules, please ask in QT, and I will answer publicly here.
DAY ENDS: 6 p.m. Eastern on Sunday (countdown)
I won’t be around until Sunday afternoon. I should be back by twilight.