5-inch length fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
3 cups 2% milk
3 ½ cups coconut milk (not low fat), well-shaken
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 ½ cups uncooked medium-grain white rice (such as Arborio), rinsed with cold water and drained
1 ½ tablespoons (in total) freshly-grated lemon, orange, and lime zest, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
1/8 teaspoon cardamom
1) Grease the slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the lemongrass on a small piece of cheesecloth, form into a bundle, and secure tightly with kitchen twine. Add to a medium-size, heavy saucepan, along with the milk, coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Stir and bring to a strong simmer over medium-high heat (to prevent curdling, do not let boil).
2) Pour the hot mixture, including the lemongrass sachet, into the slow cooker. Add the rice and stir well. Cover and cook on low until the rice is completely tender, about 2 hours (you want there to be some liquid left). Remove from the heat, discard the lemongrass sachet, and stir in the zest, vanilla, and cardamom.
3) Let cool slightly, then pour into individual serving bowls, cover, and refrigerate until cold. If desired, garnish with additional zest before serving.
With the number of students dwindling and a Poisoner still hidden among their ranks, the chefs’ paranoia reached new heights. They refused to ingest anything that hadn’t been inspected carefully first, and when they weren’t in class, they tended to either stick together as a group, or avoid each other entirely.
The next day was one of those solitary periods, and the chefs were keeping busy trying to nourish themselves without sucking down a mouthful of cyanide. Cat Cora was spotted pulling vegetables out of the ground and eating them raw. Henry Crabbe had telltale smears of chocolate on his face from digging into his smuggled stash of Halloween candy. As the day wore on, a famished Alex Guarnaschelli went to the kitchens to see if there was any packaged food that hadn’t been tampered with.
She was overjoyed to find a well-stocked pantry full of groceries, their safety seals still reassuringly intact. She began to prepare her famous Eggplant Parmigiana, her rumbling belly telling her she couldn’t wait much longer. She was so focused on crushing the breadcrumbs into a perfect consistency that she didn’t hear the creak of the door behind her.
If she had turned around, she may have been able to see the person raising the hollow tube to his or her lips. Unfortunately for Alex, her hunger had dulled all of her senses, and the dart that struck her in the neck took her completely by surprise. As the curare coursed through her bloodstream, her head fell forward into a bowl of milk, where she drowned before the poison could finish her off.
“Such a waste,” said the Poisoner. “I think that was the last of the whole milk. Now we’ll have to use skim.”
Alex Guarnaschelli (forget_it_jake) is dead. She was a Chef (Vanilla Town).
7 5 3 Chefs (Vanilla Town)
1 0 Taste Testers (Cop)
1 0 Dorm Prefects (Jailkeeper)
4 3 2 1 Poisoner (Wolf)
You vote by replying to the very first comment, appropriately titled VOTE THREAD. It is easy to find if you sort comments by oldest. To change your vote, simply post another reply. DO NOT EDIT ANY VOTE. Only votes posted as a reply to the official VOTE THREAD will count.
If the vote is tied at Twilight (end of day), nobody will be lynched. Please make at least 3 posts per game-day, or you may be replaced.
DO NOT EDIT POSTS. Sorry you misspelled a word or made a coding snafu or confused the salt for the sugar, but it’s here to stay: NO editing allowed. Read through and think carefully about your comment before posting it. Editing a post may get you mod-killed, and nobody wants that.
DO NOT QUOTE OR POST A SCREENSHOT FROM A QT TO THE MAIN DAY THREADS. You are free to make claims about your powers and allegiance on the day threads, but those claims will not be confirmed or denied by the moderator.
If you have questions that may reveal sensitive information, you can ask them in your personal QT. Please note that you are encouraged to ask questions about the rules of the game, how your powers work, and whatever else comes to mind. This academy is full of secrets, and you would be wise not to take everything at face value. Check your QTs often!
1) Smokemaster Shipwreck — Poisoner
2) Mello Yello Enthusiast — Poisoner (Lover)
3) forget_it_jake / Alex Guarnaschelli — Chef (Vanilla Town)
4) El Marinero / DI Henry Crabbe
5) Spiny Creature / Lily Loveless
6) Otakunomike — Taste Tester (Cop)
7) Creeper / Guy Fieri — Chef (Vanilla Town)
8) FJ’s Motorized Hot Tub / Nigella Lawson — Poisoner
9) Holly Jolly Allison / Tiffani Amber Thiessen — Chef (Vanilla Town)
10) ThoughtsThoughtsThoughts / Cat Cora
11) MacCrocodile / Jean-Paul Ducroque — Chef (Lover)
12) HolsGG / Mary Berry
13) Candide / Peter Reinhart — Dorm Prefect (Jailkeeper)
Day Five ends at 9AM EST on Wednesday, May 31, or if a majority lynch vote is reached first.