The Avocados of Assassination
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (halved lengthwise if they’re thick)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped green onions (including the whites)
2 jalapeños, minced (and seeded if you want to reduce the heat)
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 medium avocados, peeled, cored, and diced
Tortilla chips, Monterrey jack cheese, sour cream for serving (optional)
1) In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the green onions and jalapeños, and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes, adding the garlic in the final 30 seconds.
2) Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, and cumin, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken breasts and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and stir occasionally, until chicken is completely cooked (about 10-15 minutes).
3) Reduce heat to warm, remove the chicken breast to cool for a few minutes, then shred and return to the pot. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Add the avocaodos to the soup right before serving. Serve with chips, cheese, and sour cream if desired.
A new day dawned at Le Loup de la Lune, and the Chefs dragged themselves downstairs, exhausted. Nobody had gotten much sleep. Though they were relieved to have eliminated a Poisoner, they knew that their work was far from over. Not a single nibble was taken at breakfast without each bite being closely examined. The meal passed uneventfully, and the Chefs’ thoughts turned to their morning classes. At lunchtime, they entered the dining room to find large tureens of soup set in the middle of the table for them to share.
“Whew!” said Smokemaster Shipwreck. “Guess we know that’s safe!” Everyone ladled a healthy portion of spicy pork chili with cumin polenta into their bowls, and tucked in. “So, how are you doing in Game Meat class?” Jean-Paul Ducroque asked Peter Reinhart. “Blarrrrgh,” Peter replied. “Really? I didn’t think the test was that hard”, Ducroque said, not noticing that Peter’s face had turned violet.
The luxury of not noticing things quickly vanished when Peter began to projectile vomit all over the table, and before anyone could even think “Maybe the bowl was poisoned, not the soup!” let alone say it, Peter had asphyxiated, his body slumping to the floor.
Peter Reinhart (Candide) is dead. He was the Dorm Prefect.
7 5 Chefs (Vanilla Town)
1 Taste Tester (Cop)
1 0 Dorm Prefects (Jailkeeper)
4 3 Poisoners (Wolves)
You vote by replying to the very first comment, appropriately titled VOTE THREAD. It is easy to find if you sort comments by oldest. To change your vote, simply post another reply. DO NOT EDIT ANY VOTE. Only votes posted as a reply to the official VOTE THREAD will count.
You may also choose not to vote for anybody, in which case please cast a “No lynch” vote in the vote thread. If the vote is tied at Twilight (end of day), nobody will be lynched. Please make at least 3 posts per game-day, or you may be replaced.
DO NOT EDIT POSTS. Sorry you misspelled a word or made a coding snafu or confused the salt for the sugar, but it’s here to stay: NO editing allowed. Read through and think carefully about your comment before posting it. Editing a post may get you mod-killed, and nobody wants that.
DO NOT QUOTE OR POST A SCREENSHOT FROM A QT TO THE MAIN DAY THREADS. You are free to make claims about your powers and allegiance on the day threads, but those claims will not be confirmed or denied by the moderator.
If you have questions that may reveal sensitive information, you can ask them in your personal QT. Please note that you are encouraged to ask questions about the rules of the game, how your powers work, and whatever else comes to mind. This academy is full of secrets, and you would be wise not to take everything at face value. Check your QTs often!
1) Smokemaster Shipwreck
2) Mello Yello Enthusiast
3) forget_it_jake / Alex Guarnaschelli
4) El Marinero / DI Henry Crabbe
5) Spiny Creature / Lily Loveless
7) Creeper / Guy Fieri — Chef (Vanilla Town)
8) FJ’s Motorized Hot Tub / Nigella Lawson — Poisoner
9) Holly Jolly Allison / Tiffani Amber Thiessen — Chef (Vanilla Town)
10) ThoughtsThoughtsThoughts / Cat Cora
11) MacCrocodile / Jean-Paul Ducroque
12) HolsGG / Mary Berry
13) Candide / Peter Reinhart — Dorm Prefect (Jailkeeper)
Day Three ends at 9AM EST on May 26, or if a majority lynch vote is reached first.