The Figs of Fatality:
5 ounces slab bacon, sliced ½-inch thick, then sliced crosswise into ½-inch pieces
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
8 ripe fresh figs, halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, finely chopped
1) Cook the bacon pieces in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, until brown and crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a small bowl.
2) Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from the skillet (and save it for another use!) Add maple syrup to the skillet, swirling to combine, and heat over medium-high. Arrange figs in the skillet in a single layer, cut side down. Cook, swirling liquid occasionally, until figs are slightly softened and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
3) Arrange figs cut side up on a platter and press pieces of bacon onto the surface of each fig. Set the skillet over medium heat, add vinegar, and stir into juices. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until syrupy, about 1 minute. Drizzle syrup over figs, then sprinkle with red pepper.
After such a harrowing introduction to their fellow students, the Chefs assumed they’d earned some time off. Headmaster Mustard had no such leniency, however, and directed everyone to their evening classes. Exhausted and scared, the Chefs did their best to concentrate, and were grateful when they were finally given permission to head back to their dorm rooms for a good night’s sleep.
The next morning, the Chefs met in the dining room, where they discovered breakfast already laid out for them at their reserved seats. “Quite a rum afternoon yesterday, eh?” Henry Crabbe said as he tucked into his Eggs Florentine. “Yes, I’d say so,” said Peter Reinhart, sampling from a basket of blackberry basil scones. “Mmddfhdph,” gurgled Tiffani Amber Thiessen, her mouth crammed with a delicate ham and cheese soufflé. “Ew, don’t talk with your mouth full,” sniffed Lily Loveless, but Tiffani didn’t seem to hear.
The gurgling continued, getting louder and louder, then turning into wracking spasms. Alarmed, the rest of the Chefs attempted to help the poor woman, but to no avail. Her head lurched forward and hit the table with a sickening smack, foamy cheese running down the side of her face.
Tiffani Amber Thissen (Holly Jolly Allison) is dead. She was a Chef (Vanilla Town).
7 5 Chefs (Vanilla Town)
1 Taste Tester (Cop)
1 Dorm Prefect (Jailkeeper)
4 Poisoners (Wolves)
You vote by replying to the very first comment, appropriately titled VOTE THREAD. It is easy to find if you sort comments by oldest. To change your vote, simply post another reply. DO NOT EDIT ANY VOTE. Only votes posted as a reply to the official VOTE THREAD will count.
You may also choose not to vote for anybody, in which case please cast a “No lynch” vote in the vote thread. If the vote is tied at Twilight (end of day), nobody will be lynched. Please make at least 3 posts per game-day, or you may be replaced.
DO NOT EDIT POSTS. Sorry you misspelled a word or made a coding snafu or confused the salt for the sugar, but it’s here to stay: NO editing allowed. Read through and think carefully about your comment before posting it. Editing a post may get you mod-killed, and nobody wants that.
DO NOT QUOTE OR POST A SCREENSHOT FROM A QT TO THE MAIN DAY THREADS. You are free to make claims about your powers and allegiance on the day threads, but those claims will not be confirmed or denied by the moderator.
If you have questions that may reveal sensitive information, you can ask them in your personal QT. Please note that you are encouraged to ask questions about the rules of the game, how your powers work, and whatever else comes to mind. This academy is full of secrets, and you would be wise not to take everything at face value. Check your QTs often!
1) Smokemaster Shipwreck
2) Mello Yello Enthusiast
3) forget_it_jake / Alex Guarnaschelli
4) El Marinero / DI Henry Crabbe
5) Spiny Creature / Lily Loveless
7) Creeper / Guy Fieri — Chef (Vanilla Town)
8) FJ’s Motorized Hot Tub / Nigella Lawson
9) Holly Jolly Allison / Tiffani Amber Thiessen — Chef (Vanilla Town)
10) ThoughtsThoughtsThoughts / Cat Cora
11) MacCrocodile / Jean-Paul Ducroque
12) HolsGG / Mary Berry
13) Candide / Peter Reinhart
Day Two ends at ~9AM EST tomorrow (May 25), or if a majority lynch vote is reached first.