Two baseball games in four days ended with questionable calls, leading all the pundits to debate the expanded or more effective use of instant replay once more. Speaking as a Mets fan, I didn’t mind how it came out. Speaking as a baseball fan, I understand the desire to make sure the calls are all right, but I find myself unexcited by more replay, by more delays and pauses in a game rife with them. But I am pretty sure with all the other experiments going on, we will see ever more tinkering.
- Congrats to Hideki Matsuyama on his resounding victory at The Masters, making him the first Japanese golfer to take home a green jacket.
- Congrats to the Baylor Bears men’s CBB teams and the Stanford Cardinal women’s team.
- Not a ton of NHL deadline trades, but quite a few of them were quite interesting.
- The Deshaun Watson lawsuits and claims and counterclaims are all a bit hard to parse, but I think it’s safe to say that this is not going away. How long till the NFL says something, anything?
- The NBA in the home stretch, with looming injury questions and a spirited debate about who is the MVP.
As ever, all sports subjects welcome.