You sneak through Santagrad’s sewer system, which smells like cinnamon and nutmeg. Chordette’s mom leads the way with the emergency flashlight Scrooge had. In addition to having a solar panel, it also has a crank, which she has to wind constantly to keep the light going.
“So,” says Kevin McCallister, struggling to keep up, “do you have a name?”
“Oh, I’m Frostine Flother,” says Chordette’s mom. “And my husband is Flaurence. We call him Flarry.”
Frostine trips over a partially submerged rock and yelps. There’s a splash as the flashlight goes into the water.
“Crud,” she says, as darkness overtakes you all. “Sorry to whoever gets murdered!”
There’s an evil cackle, and then a very measured “Ow.” A second later, there’s a sceptre thunk, and Carol cries out. The flashlight motor revs back up and light returns.
“I found it!” says Frostine. “I… aw, crud. Wasn’t fast enough”
Carol lies dying in the shallow water. She gasps for air.
“Hark! The her… hera… HAAAAAAARK!” she cries, in a bone-chilling howl, and then dies.
Carol (Wasp) has died. She was a Santa Aspirant (Vanilla Town).
Beside her, Doctor Manhattan is raked with scratches.
“Well, at least you’re okay,” says Frostine. He frowns.
“I grow tired of Christmas,” he says. “Murder is irrational and wasteful. I am going back to Mars. Perhaps I will become Santa Claus to the Martians, should any exist.” And he teleports away, taking his chom choms and Yeezy slides with him.
Doctor Manhattan (Subsaharan) is incapable of dying but has, for all intents and purposes, died. He was a Santa Aspirant (Vanilla Town).
“Well that was… huh,” says Frostine. “Never saw anything like that before.”
You walk for a bit more, before reaching an obligatory area with glow in the dark mushrooms.
“You should eat these,” says Scrooge. “They’ll recharge your batteries.”
“That’s not how this works, Mr. Scrooge.”
“I have it on the highest authority.”
“You know what, sure.” She eats a glowing mushroom. “That tasted like almonds, but bitter.” Her flashlight brightens noticeably. “Huh.”
She reaches what is apparently the right manhole cover, and surfaces cautiously. The street is clear. She waves you up and into a battered brick building. Flarry is just inside the door, and he almost shoots you all with a shotgun.
“Oh thank Christmas,” he says. “I thought you were a patrol.”
“These are Chordette’s friends,” says Frostine, gesturing to your damp and grime-covered forms. “What’s left of them, anyway.”
“What a relief!” says Flarry. “Maybe you can talk some sense into her. She’s just upstairs.” He gestures to a staircase with the banister ripped off.
“Honey!” Frostine yells up. “Your friends are here. Don’t shoot them!”
You look at each other and clinb the staircase. Chordette is hunched over a wall terminal, yelling at the digital visage of Gazprom Snowdrift.
“…will not agree to that!” she says as you approach. “What kind of a fool do you take me for?”
“Young lady!” he shouts. “You clearly have no Christmas spirit or Christmas sense. This offer is the-”
“Hold on, other call,” she says. Gazprom disappears, and Jingles McCoy appears. He’s wearing a helmet with one of those old-timey doctor lights strapped around it.
“Have you considered my terms?” he asks.
“I have, and I don’t think Christmas would be Christmas if we banned sugar and butter.”
“But the life expectancy!”
“I’ll call you back.” He disappears, and she turns around to face you. Her eyes are ringed with dark circles.
“I know what you’re thinking,” she says. “But I had to do this. I couldn’t let these people just do whatever they want forever. We need a Santa! But they had everything balanced the way they liked it. Reading the will was just a formality. Now I have to fight the North Pole Surgeon General to the death just to make sure we’ll have a Christmas this year.”
“Ma’am, if it makes you feel any better, we caught all their spies,” says Dude Love. “They won’t be troubling you anymore.”
Chordette perks up. “That’s great news!”
“The glow mushrooms recharge your flashlight batteries,” says Scrooge.
“That’s… huh, okay.”
“I wouldn’t try that again,” says Frostine from downstairs. “I don’t feel so good.”
“Have you found Krampus?” asks Chordette. You all shake your heads, including whoever is Krampus in disguise. “Then there’s only one thing left to do.”
She clicks some keys, and a view of the enormous skyscraper pops up. “It’s to go to Santa’s workshop,” she says. “That’s your final test. Root out Krampus there, or we’re all lost.”
“How does going into a toy factory help us find Krampus?” asks Catbug.
“You’ll know when you get there. Now we all have to get out of here. I think they triangulated my position, and we have 90 seconds until the airstrike.
You say some parting words to her parents on the ground floor, and Chordette leads you back into the sewers.
- April LKD / Kevin McCallister
Demyx / Lucy Van Pelt– Vanilla Town DW / Venom– VANILLA WOLF
- E-Dog / Evaneezer Scrooge
Emm / Florence, the Little Match Girl– YULE SLEUTH (COP) Flubba Gunto / Red, of the California Raisins– S.I.C. (WOLF)
- Goat / Forky
- Grumproro / Jack Frost
Hohopossum / Tiny Tim Possum– Vanilla Town
- Indy / Dude Love
The Landstander/ Vanilla Town Lindsay / Mario Santa– Vanilla Town Mars Five / Xmars Five, Cyborg– VANILLA WOLF Mayelbridwen / Comet, the Wonder Reindeer– Vanilla Town Mr. I’m My Own Grandfather / Robot Santa– Vanilla Town
- MSD / Rod the Puppet
Raven and Rose / Gerald Loggins– Vanilla Town
Sic Humor / Tobias, a Make-A-Wish Santa– Vanilla Town
- Side Character / Catbug
Spookyfriend / “Dave,” Morally Ambiguous Man Wearing This Sweater– Vanilla Town
Subsaharan / Dr. Manhattan– Vanilla Town Sukaluski / Ambiguous In-Flight Meal– VANILLA WOLF Tobias Morpheus / Joe Camel– VANILLA WOLF
Wasp / Carol– Vanilla Town
- 6 Pure of Heart (TOWN)
165 Santa Aspirants (Vanilla Town) 1 Yule Sleuth (Investigator)
- 1 Christmas Prince/Princess – Constitutional Monarchist (vigilante)
- 1 Krampus (serial killer)
- 0 Impure of Heart (WOLVES)
4 Elf Cronies (Vanilla Wolves) 1 Santa’s Illegitimate Child (recruited by the wolves, now evil)
- Win conditions:
- The wolves win when they are equal to the number of town-aligned players left (if the SK(s) are dead), or outnumber the non-wolf players (even if the SKs are still alive).
- Town wins when all the wolves and the serial killers are defeated.
- The serial killer(s) win when it comes down to just them and one other person.
- A three-way standoff between the last town, last wolf and SK will result in a special ending.
- Night actions:
- There isn’t a hard order that night actions occur in. This is to allow as many of them to go through as possible. Roleblocks (if applicable) will always take precedent over the actions of the targeted player, however.
- Yule Sleuth: All town forces come back NICE, all scum come back NAUGHTY. If the Yule Sleuth scans Santa’s illegitimate child the same night they’re recruited, the Yule Sleuth gets an error message about moral ambiguity.
- Depending on the alignment they choose, the Christmas Prince(ss) cannot roleblock or jail the same person two nights consecutively (or jail themselves).
- You have the option to vote “No Kill” (or words to that effect). If that option prevails, no one dies at the end of the day.
- A majority vote for one player (or No Kill) will end the day early.
- A tied vote at twilight will result in no one dying.
- There are no secret powers or win conditions in this game. Any changes I have to make to the mechanics will be announced publicly.
- No editing posts.
- No quoting or screencapping from your QTs.
- If you have any other questions about rules, please ask in QT, and I will answer publicly here.
Day 6 will end Thursday, December 12 at 2 p.m. EST.