Afternoon, all. And yay, we’re actually back on schedule this week!
If you dealt with the intense weather from last week, hopefully you’re all in a much warmer situation than you were (speaking as someone who lives in Maryland, we got like an inch of snow and still called it “a lot”). Of course, according to that rascally groundhog, spring has already arrived, and going by today’s balmy weather on my end of the globe, the little fucker might be right (I’m kidding. There’s no winter where I live, just an extended fall with occasional cold weather).
New months, of course, bring new promises, with February giving us Valentine’s Day, a holiday which many get excited about as others dread its arrival. To all the lonely hearts out there, keep hope alive. Also, buy yourself candy. I’ll have more on this in next week’s thread, but seriously: be nice to yourself. Be your own significant other if you need to be (but don’t marry yourself, as your friends will judge you).
(Also, the header image is from the 1982 TV special Here Comes Garfield, and if you went through that as a kid, you know that was the saddest song ever).
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a nice night, everyone!
And you are loved.