It’s that time of year, folks! We’re prepping to record the year-end AVoCADo GamesCast community extravaganza, and just like last year, we’re trying to involve as many community members as we can.
We’re going to use a similar format as last year:
- 2018 gaming news rundown
- Community year-end top 3 lists
- Best/worst/most surprising games of the year
We need participants to help with all three sections.
For sections 1 and 3,1 we’re going to be recording this Sunday afternoon (PST). If you’re available and want to participate, please let me know in the comments below. Recording could potentially take up to three hours. We’d also prefer podcast veterans (i.e. people who have been on the GamesCast at least once), just to keep things running smoothly.
For section 2, we welcome recordings from any community members. Never been on the podcast before? Doesn’t matter. We’d love your participation! Don’t be shy! Here’s how it’ll work:
- Record yourself running down your top 3 games of 2018. Explain why you selected each one.
- Email the recording to me at fork.in.the.road at gmail dot com in mp3 format by noon PST on Thursday, December 20th.
A few ground rules:
- Make sure you have a decent-quality mic and a quiet space to record.
- Recordings must be under 6 minutes long. This is a hard limit. If it’s even one second over, we won’t use it. (This is mostly to make life more manageable for me and The Kappa when we’re putting the podcast together.)2
- Your top 3 have to have been released no earlier than December 1st, 2017. (Games that were released earlier but only localized recently are fine.)
- Any kind of video game is fine to include. Don’t feel embarrassed to include browser, mobile, AR, VR, or museum titles.
- We’re not going to impose a hard rule against them, but please try to avoid remakes and remasters.
- If you’d prefer to record a five-minute speech about a 2018 gaming issue or event of importance to you instead of a top 3 list, then that’s also fine.
- Please indicate which username you use on this site when you email me.
- You’re welcome to indicate in the comments below that you’d like to submit a recording, but it’s not mandatory.
As always, the GamesCast welcomes participants from diverse backgrounds. Regardless of your age, gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation, if you like video games and want to contribute, we’d love to have you. We particularly welcome women+ Guacs to share their top 3 lists.
If you have any questions, please ask them in comments below.