The opossum has just hung itself up by its tail for the night when it hears footsteps.
“Hello?” Silence. He slowly reaches for his Polaroid. “I know what I said about being the investigator earlier might have been upsetting, but I mean you no h-”
He is plucked from his branch and savagely beaten with a camera tripod. When they are done, his attackers leave his dead body on the ground. Next to him, the Polaroid pops out the last picture he’ll ever take: A completely black frame. Polaroids really aren’t good outside at night.
A few moments later, another shadowy figure steals out of the brush, stabs him a bunch of times to be extra-sure he’s dead, and then departs.
Hoho Phantom Polaroid Possum has died. He was the KEY GRIP (Detective).
After that, things are quiet. The clouds retreat, revealing a gibbous moon hanging over the flat ocean. Far beneath the still surface, something howls.
In your rooms, you share a dream… a dream of an email.
Mandy here, just making sure everything’s 10 for 10 out there. I heard about the deaths, but I want to let you know that TV crews lose members all the time do to unexplained circumstances. It’s an old industry secret, don’t let it worry you THE FULL MOON IS AT HAND. Like how the entire original B-roll team disappeared without a trace before we hired you. You’re lucky!
So get out there, THE SEA WILL RUN RED WITH YOUR BLOOD and be sure to have fun!
Human Resources Superintendent, Atlantic Region
You get up just before dawn, feeling not at all refreshed, and head to the wedding tent for breakfast. You’re surprised to find Tyrone, Paisley and Rick quietly holding a candlelit ceremony.
“What of hell?” says Uwe Boll as you stop outside. “Uwe want food.”
“Shh, man,” says Goatful Dead Head. “They might be having a seance or something.”
Uwe snorts, but you all hang back and listen to the Dehaunters hosts as they talk quietly.
“Today marks the one-year anniversary of Luann’s death,” says Paisley, gravely. “Luann, if you’re out there, we want you to know: you aren’t forgotten.”
“You were a good host,” says Tyrone, “and a good friend. Doing the show without you just isn’t the same.”
“Fuckin’ A,” says Rick, soberly.
“Come on man,” says Tyrone, irritably. “You can’t be serious for a five-minute vigil?”
“Everyone does grief differently,” says Rick, irritably. “She’s dead. This isn’t gonna fix that. Nothing is gonna fix that.” He forces his candle into Tyrone’s hand. “I’m hittin’ the buffet.”
Tyrone and Paisley watch him go.
“Dude’s an asshole,” says Tyrone.
“He’s not wrong, though,” says Paisley. “We hunt ghosts. If one of us dies and doesn’t come find the others immediately…” She trails off, then forces a smile. “Come on! Today is a new day.”
She starts off for the buffet table. A moment later, Tyrone follows. You count to ten, then head down after them, pretending you didn’t see anything.
- Owen1120 – Boom Mikeson, Jr.
- April LKD – Agent Tim Horton
- Sister Jude the Obscure – Judy, Hollywood Lobster
- Mayelbridwen – Catherine Morland
- The Hayes Code – Alice
Lamb Dance – Gordon Cole
- D. Goat – Goatful Dead Head
- LouieBlue – Joe Bouquet, Set Leader
- Jon Hamm’s John Ham – Cameron Austin
- Dr. Nick – Count Dorcula
- DW – Superior Spider-Man
- Mr. I’m My Own Grandfather – Zap Rowsdower
E-Dog – Great Wizard Carnelian / “Eric”– VANILLA TOWN
- HolsGG – Sarah Plain
- Zecko – Zecko Snyder
Spookyfriend – John the Intern– VANILLA TOWN Sic Humor – Luigi– VANILLA TOWN Hoho – Phantom Polaroid Possum– DETECTIVE
- Ult Warrior – Mannie Eddix
- Jake – Uwe Boll
- Robert Post’s Child
- Lindsay Disguised Leviathan – Mario
- Colonel Mustard
- TOWN (ValueFilm Productions field crew)
- 1 Unit Director (Jailer)
- 1 Field Medic (Specialized doctor; uses items chosen by vote)
1 Key Grip (Detective)
- 1 Prop Master (Vigilante)
1310 Videographers (vanilla town)
- WOLVES (Cursees)
- 1 Evil Sound Technician (wolf Roleblocker)
- 4 Evil Videographers (vanilla wolves)
- 1 Heir to the House of Wimbiscus (Serial Killer)
- The serial killer has to be killed twice to die.
- The jailer cannot jail themselves, or the same person two days in a row.
- The medic can medic themselves, but not two days in a row.
- The roleblocker cannot roleblock the same person two days in a row.
- The investigator will be told both alignment and (if applicable) the role of the person they investigate. (I haven’t done this in the past, but scum has won every game I’ve run so far, so this is a balancing attempt.)
- Events will occur randomly throughout each game day, and the group will be awarded points on how they handle the events. The points are used at the catering truck, which appears one hour before twilight each day. Whatever item(s) you buy will be used by the Field Medic that night.
- Win conditions:
- The wolves win when they are equal to the number of town-aligned players left.
- Town wins when all the wolves and the serial killer are defeated.
- Serial killer wins when it comes down to just them and one other person.
- A three-way standoff between the last town, last wolf and SK will result in a special ending.
- A tie at the end of day results in No Lynch. A majority of living players voting for any one person (or No Lynch) ends the day early.
- If you autolynch before the catering truck arrives, it won’t come that day. Bear that in mind before you autolynch.
- No editing posts.
- No quoting or screencapping from your QTs.
- If you have any other questions about rules, please ask in QT, and I will answer publicly here.
Day 2 ends Monday at 4 p.m. EST. The truck will still come at 2, and will stay for TWO hours.