You dream strange dreams.
Two figures in darkness, one dismembering the other. A woman alone in a sealed room, writing furiously with both hands, staring straight ahead. The dead eyes of Mandy Mendez’ Bitmoji, with Comic Sans text commanding you to Make Every Day Special. In the background of all your dreams, you hear the crash of the ocean, and see waves sparkling in the moonlight. You hear other sounds, slow and deep, reverberating up from beneath the surf.
At noon, as promised, Philo comes around and raps on everyone’s door. “Up and at ’em!” he cries. “It’s raining, so I want some macro shots of leaves landing in puddles. I want them now.”
Luigi jumps out of bed. “Let’s a-go!” he cries, happily – only to be brought up short by the spectre of Charlton Wimbiscus.
“Going somewhere, Luigi?” Charlton asks, giving him a gently sardonic smile. Luigi’s smile fades as he turns to face his bed. His body lies there, smothered under a dozen festive shams.
“Oh no,” says Luigi, softly.
“It’s. Alright,” says Charlton. “No hard feelings about the vacuum cleaner.”
Luigi (Sic Humor) has died. He was a VIDEOGRAPHER (Vanilla Town).
Two rooms over, the Great Wizard Carnelian can’t believe how well his disguise as a normal human man is going. No one could have even the slightest suspicion that he is an immensely powerful lich. When he rises, however, he notices a familiar lack of weight.
E-Dog (the Great Wizard Carnelian/ “Eric”) has died. He was a VIDEOGRAPHER (Vanilla Town).
“AGAIN?” he booms, looking at his body. But no one hears him. Someone has been in during the night and stabbed him a bunch of times. Irritated, he repossesses his dead husk, puts on his backwards baseball cap, goes out to the parking lot, hotwires Philo’s car, and drives back to the fantasy kingdom he came from. Canada is just too weird.
The rest of you go down to craft services, which has set up some chafing dishes under a wedding tent. The Dehaunters stars are already eating, and they wave to you.
“Hey guys!” says Paisley. Sarah avoids eye contact, like she’s been trained to, but the rest of you are all allowed to wave back.
“Big day today,” says Tyrone. “There’s a sealed room on the second floor we’re going to open up.”
“It’s gonna be MEGA-haunted,” says Rick, upping the stakes. You hadn’t known there were degrees of haunting.
You sit down with Philo, who is futzing with one of those really chunky BlackBerry phones the company made right before it gave up on hardware. Uwe Boll passes over the flash cards with the footage you all shot yesterday.
“We take excellent footage,” he says, chewing scrambled eggs with his mouth open. “May not win Palme d’Or, but then again, may.”
“Ghosts are real,” says Cameron Austin.
“No they’re not,” says Agent Tim Horton.
“That’s nice,” says Philo. Without looking up, he grabs the flash cards and tosses them over his shoulder. They land squarely in a coffee can two tables over with “B-ROLL” written on its side. “Don’t bother me until after two. I’ve got a teleconference in 20 minutes.”
You look at each other, shrug, and eat brunch. Putting toast in a chafing dish was a mistake, but you’re not sure who to share this information with. Then it’s back to the ghost-hunting grind.
- Owen1120 – Boom Mikeson, Jr.
- April LKD – Agent Tim Horton
- Sister Jude the Obscure – Judy, Hollywood Lobster
- Mayelbridwen – Catherine Morland
- The Hayes Code – Alice
- Lamb Dance – Gordon Cole
- D. Goat – Goatful Dead Head
- LouieBlue – Joe Bouquet, Set Leader
- Jon Hamm’s John Ham – Cameron Austin
- Dr. Nick – Count Dorcula
- DW – Superior Spider-Man
- Mr. I’m My Own Grandfather – Zap Rowsdower
E-Dog – Great Wizard Carnelian / “Eric”– VANILLA TOWN
- HolsGG – Sarah Plain
- Zecko – Zecko Snyder
Spookyfriend – John the Intern– VANILLA TOWN Sic Humor – Luigi– VANILLA TOWN
- Hoho – Phantom Polaroid Possum
- Ult Warrior – Mannie Eddix
- Jake – Uwe Boll
- Robert Post’s Child
- Lindsay Disguised Leviathan – Mario
- Colonel Mustard
- TOWN (ValueFilm Productions field crew)
- 1 Unit Director (Jailer)
- 1 Field Medic (Specialized doctor; uses items chosen by vote)
- 1 Key Grip (Detective)
- 1 Prop Master (Vigilante)
1310 Videographers (vanilla town)
- WOLVES (Cursees)
- 1 Evil Sound Technician (wolf Roleblocker)
- 4 Evil Videographers (vanilla wolves)
- 1 Heir to the House of Wimbiscus (Serial Killer)
- The serial killer has to be killed twice to die.
- The jailer cannot jail themselves, or the same person two days in a row.
- The medic can medic themselves, but not two days in a row.
- The roleblocker cannot roleblock the same person two days in a row.
- The investigator will be told both alignment and (if applicable) the role of the person they investigate. (I haven’t done this in the past, but scum has won every game I’ve run so far, so this is a balancing attempt.)
- Events will occur randomly throughout each game day, and the group will be awarded points on how they handle the events. The points are used at the catering truck, which appears one hour before twilight each day. Whatever item(s) you buy will be used by the Field Medic that night.
- Win conditions:
- The wolves win when they are equal to the number of town-aligned players left.
- Town wins when all the wolves and the serial killer are defeated.
- Serial killer wins when it comes down to just them and one other person.
- A three-way standoff between the last town, last wolf and SK will result in a special ending.
- A tie at the end of day results in No Lynch. A majority of living players voting for any one person (or No Lynch) ends the day early.
- If you autolynch before the catering truck arrives, it won’t come that day. Bear that in mind before you autolynch.
- No editing posts.
- No quoting or screencapping from your QTs.
- If you have any other questions about rules, please ask in QT, and I will answer publicly here.
Day 2 ends Saturday at 3 p.m. EST.