With many of us having seen Avengers: Infinity War (and some of us still recovering from it), summer is in the air as we begin a new month today. That means lots of big movies to be excited about, and hopefully some time for us all to relax. In my own case, I’m rather under the weather today, but I think that’s from lack of sleep more than anything, so hopefully it’s nothing contagious. In any case, that’s why this week’s introduction is a tad briefer than it usually is.
Also, we have a new guideline now, which will be listed at the bottom of the post. If anyone has any issues or thoughts on it, feel free to say so in the comments.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the (current) guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. (New!) If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a pleasant evening, everyone!