After wading through a Facebook feed full of fecund families on Tuesday, I’m happy to note that it’s National Only Child Day today, when we celebrate the true heroes.
- What is the English translation for the name of landmark indicated by number 3 on this map? This attraction celebrates a notable work of a famous only child.
- Betty White was the oldest of the actors who played The Golden Girls. Who was the youngest?
- Of the first two women admitted as members to Augusta National golf club, which one was an only child? Her name comes from an Italian phrase meaning “with sweetness”.
- Not only did Harry Potter have no siblings, shortly after his first birthday he had no parents. Name the village where he was orphaned.
- Teller, of Penn & fame, directed a documentary about inventor Tim Jenison’s efforts to use optical instruments to duplicate a work (shown below) by what 17th century painter?
- The Little Mermaid
- Rue McClanahan
- Condaleezza Rice
- Godric’s Hollow
- Johannes Vermeer