With two more castaways dead, and even the ghost of Maude gone, the four remaining people on the beach rested uneasily around the fire. They decided to keep a watch.
Crusoe was first up. Still mourning the loss of his friend and potential life-saver Mr. Eko, he stared into the dark waves, listening to them crash against the beach. After a while, however, he heard something else, or at least he thought he did: footsteps, in the distance.
With a glance back at the fire, Crusoe got up to investigate. He approached the edge of the jungle. Yes, he could definitely hear someone in there. He walked a few yards beyond the tree-line… and met the person whose footsteps he’d heard.
“It was a bad idea to follow me here,” said the figure.
Crusoe ran, but the figure overtook him.
In the morning, Billy Cole, the drunken man, and the emo girl awoke. With a sinking feeling, they saw that yet another of their fellow castaways was missing. They checked the mango grove first — of course — but Crusoe wasn’t there. A quarter mile beyond it, however, there was a clearing of tall, vine-covered threes.
Crusoe dangled from one of them, in a noose.
Quickly, the remaining castaways worked to cut him down. Billy Cole, who had seen CPR on TV once, quickly went to work trying to revive him.
“Come on, Crusoe! Come on!”
But it was no good. At long last, the emo girl pulled Billy away. “It’s over, Billy,” she said, pocketing Crusoe’s hands for later.
Dr. Nick is dead. He was a Castaway, and the Carrie Fan.
The final three survivors made one more dispirited trek to the graveyard. Their journey was interrupted, however, by a rumbling sound.
“What is that?” asked the drunken man.
At just that moment, an enormous polar bear crashed through the trees lining the path.
“What the fuck?!” said the emo girl.
Billy Cole screamed.
The drunken man pulled out a gun and shot the polar bear. It went down, and stayed down.
“What is this place?” said Billy.
The drunken man shrugged.
Today’s random event is Polar Bear.
A polar bear appears.
That’s it. Nothing else happens.
- Mello Yello Enthusiast (formerly liz156)
Capt.LindsayFünke Doctor Nick Captain Video Owen1120 Smapti Jones Pulprobot
RobertPostsChild InnDEEEEED (ThanksgivingStyle)
- subsaharan (formerly Admirax)
MacCrocodile forget_it_jake A Winged Potato Zecko subsaharan
12 5 Castaways (Town) 4 3 Others (Wolves)
1 Serial Killer
- At the start of the game, there are two factions and two factions only. Depending on the course of events, more factions may emerge, including but not limited to a serial killer.
- The counts of players in each faction will not be updated in the header unless otherwise stated.
- When a player dies, their faction and role (though not the specifics of what their role means) will be revealed.
- The Castaways win when all scum factions have been eliminated.
- The Others win when all Castaways and competing scum factions have been eliminated.
- In the event of a tie at the end of a day, a two-hour runoff vote will be held between the leading vote-getters.
- A majority of votes for a player or a No Lynch ends the day early.
- Do not edit posts.
- Do not directly quote or screencap from your QT.
- If you have any questions, please ask Hols and I in your QT.
Day 8 will end on Thursday at 11 p.m. EST, or whenever a majority lynch vote has been reached.
It should go without saying that today is lynch-or-lose.