Werewolf game hosted by Spiny Creature
Anteia was exhilarated by the past two days. Two dishonest would-be oligarchs unmasked, all because of her enormous and unmatched genius! Well… Anteia reminded herself to be modest. Kind of because of her enormous and unmatched genius.
Anteia took out her library card and raced down to the Lyceum on the city outskirts. Library cards had not been invented yet, but Anteia strove to be a model citizen in all regards.
Strolling through the garden paths between Lyceum buildings, Anteia contemplated what she should read for the day.
“Just because this was Aristotle’s school doesn’t mean I have to accept his facile view of political morality,” Anteia said to herself. “I should be re-reading Thucydides. Reluctant supporter of democracy, hardened killer with a real understanding of war and oligarchs – he’s made for our predicament!”
Anteia took out scrolls of The History of the Peloponnesian War and unfurled the first.
“So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand,” Anteia read, and smiled smugly. What a true statement! Not of her, of course, but in a general sense. She grabbed a later scroll and skipped to Book V, her favorite part.
“‘Right’, as the word goes, is only in question between equals in power. The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they mus -”
Anteia never finished the paragraph. As she unrolled the papyrus, an asp hidden inside slithered out and ensured she would never bore anyone again.
Anteia, follower of Athena is dead. She was a Citizen.
9 Citizens (Vanilla Town)
4 Conspiring Oligarchs (Vanilla Wolves)
1 Oracle of Delphi (True Investigator; Town)
1 False Seer (False Investigator; Town)
Updated Game Rules
1. The 9 Citizens do not know anyone else’s roles. They may be sent investigation results from either the Oracle or the False Seer.
2. The Conspiring Oligarchs know who each other are, but not who the Oracle or False Seer are. They choose one player to kill per night. They may be sent results by either the Oracle or the False Seer.
3. The Oracle of Delphi chooses one player to investigate per night. That player’s alignment will be sent to a randomly-selected player.
The Oracle will not receive the results of her investigation, but will be told who they were sent to.
4. The False Seer is a Citizen, and will appear as such if investigated by the Oracle. The Seer does not know who the Oligarchs are. However, the Seer has traitorous intentions, and only wins if the Oligarchs win. Each night the Seer chooses one player to “investigate”, and a lie about that player’s alignment is sent to a randomly-selected player.
The False Seer will not receive the results of their “investigation”, but will be told who they were sent to.
5. Upon death, both the Oracle and the False Seer will simply be listed as Town, and their role will not be revealed.
6. The Oracle of Delphi enjoys the protection of Lady Themis. If a player falsely reports the contents of a result they received from the Oracle, Themis will strike them dead at Twilight. (They may, however, pretend not to have received a result.)
7. The False Seer enjoys the protection of Dolos, god of deceit. The first nightkill attempt that is made on the False Seer will fail if it occurs on Night 1 or 2.
8. Only wolves and vanilla townies who are alive the next morning are eligible to receive investigation results. In addition, players are not eligible to receive investigation results about themselves.
9. If the Oracle or False Seer is nightkilled, their investigation result from that night will still be sent to a player.
Rules for Players
No editing or deleting for any reason; no quoting or screenshotting QT; vote only in the vote thread; have fun yada yada.
1. Flaxon Jackson (Harmonia, follower of Hera)
2. forget_it_jake (Anteia, follower of Athena) – Citizen
3. MacCrocodile (Alector, follower of Ares)
4. El Marinero (Patrobas, follower of Poseidon)
5. subsaharan (Haemon, follower of Hades) – Citizen
6. lindsayfunke (Dorothea, follower of Demeter) – Citizen
7. Owen1120 (Hyrcanus, follower of Hermes) – Citizen
8. Admirax (Hilara, follower of Hestia) – Oligarch
9. HolsGG (Althea, follower of Aphrodite)
10. ThoughtsThoughtsThoughts (Aithra, follower of Artemis)
11. BannerThief (Alcandros, follower of Apollo) – Citizen
12. InnDEEEEEEED (Priam, follower of Pan) – Citizen
13. Hegel Exercises (Zenodoros, follower of Zeus)
14. Colonel Mustard (Damon, follower of Dionysus) – Oligarch
15. Zecko (Hektor, follower of Hephaestus)