Find those books of stamps,2 Politicados. Uvular has mailed in another Weekend Politics Thread header as life’s rich pageant saddles him with dop-dead deadlines.
Remit postage due to an Avocado moderator, who will forward payments to Uve.3
Find your local Bans off Our Bodies rally or its nonunion equivalent. Attend, if possible. As Stipe, Mills, Buck and Berry inveigle in the featured video above, “I wish to meet each one of you / And you meet you, if I can, and I can.”
Hey, remember that song “These Days” by R.E.M.? A cool lyric from it runs, “We have many things in common, name three (three, three, three).”
- Thing 1: Anger over the refusal or needless delay of prosecutors to charge Trump and his Trumpists for crimes related to tax evasion, money laundering, election-rigging, inciting an insurrection and *rifles through U.S. Code pointing at random statutes*.
- Thing 2: Horror over U.S. federal judges intentionally and maliciously misinterpreting the First Amendment’s guarantee of free speech for individuals to mean no one can deny publication or broadcasting to liars and malfeasors.
- Thing 3: Sure knowledge some of hardy readers of the WPT will take it upon themselves to list three other things.4
And, hey, remember COVID-19? Axios, like Pepperidge Farm, remembers.
- Health: Some schools bring back masks amid uptick in COVID cases — Deaths from COVID begin to rise again — Staffing shortages slam hospitals.
- Vaccines: U.S. will be vulnerable to COVID without more vaccine shots, says Ashish Jha — Booster supply in danger, White House documents show —Which age groups are eligible for the different vaccines.
- Politics: Biden orders flags at half-staff for 1 million COVID deaths — Biden administration and GOP clash over vaccine strategy.
- World: North Korea reports first COVID-19 death — U.S. and world leaders pledge more than $3B to fight pandemic globally — North Korea enters “severe emergency” lockdown after confirming COVID case.
Yo, have you forgotten about R.E.M.’s “These Days”? Keep this in mind:
♫ We are concern, we are hope despite the times
All of the sudden, these days
Happy throngs, take this joy wherever, wherever you ♫
Yes, Pollyanna wanna a cracker. Or, failing that, your comments below.