Lutair: Tonight, on Love Island…
The Islanders were excited for the event that night. As they gathered, Jam split them into two groups. Half of the Islanders went into a van, and were brought to… A second villa called Casa Amor. Inside, they met three new Islanders. Would the ones in couples have their head turned by these fit new Islanders? Only time would tell.
Meanwhile in The Villa, four new faces appeared. The Islanders quickly made their acquaintance and got to chatting them up. Who in the Villa would have their head turned? Who would remain faithful?
Time passed and the Islanders at Casa Amor returned, some of them holding hands with their new partner. On the other side of the fire, the Islanders who stayed in The Villa, some of whom were holding hands with new partners.
Brutus cantered in, confident that his partner Zoidberg would remain loyal, or at least unattractive enough that no one else would have him. As he looked up to the fire, he saw that someone was holding Zoidberg’s claw.
“How dare you?! I trusted you!” the centaur shouted before storming off. His satchel caught on the fence as he stormed out, and a card fell to the ground.
Jam picked up the card and read it aloud. “The Do-Bits Society. Oh my.”
Brutus Arrowstrike/Narrowstrife has left The Villa. They were a Member of the Do-Bits Society (Vanilla Wolf).
August Lindt saw this go down, and began to sweat
germanely German-ly. Unfortunately it was too late. His partner had seen him holding hands with the new Islander.
“You too?!” the Animal Crossing Islander asked. “This is gonna be so bad for my SEO and PPC. Ugh. Whatever. Like and subscribe. ACNHV out.”
The ACNH Islander/Lamb has left The Villa. They were a Clout-Chaser (Serial Killer). The remaining Clout-Chaser is now active every night.
Goose, licking himself, missed most of this, and looked up to see his partner, Cat Benetar, with whom he had decided to stay, in the hands of someone else. He sneezed dejectedly. On his way out, he wiped a little glob of snot on the corner of Benetar’s bed. He hoped Benetar would sniff it and remember their time together fondly.
Goose/Cop has left The Villa. They were a Regular Islander (Vanilla Town).
Today, you will also be voting for who you think isn’t here for the right reasons. Please submit your day kill selection to the Vote Thread. Whoever you vote for will leave the island alone. Their partner will remain as a singleton.
The Public will also be voting for their favorite couples. The most favorite surviving couple at Twilight will have an opportunity to spend the night in The Hideaway, where they will both be night kill immune. This couple will be announced at Twilight. Scum inside the Hideaway will not be able to perform a night kill.
|Gramps||Flubba (a.k.a. Dictabird)|
- Corporal Hicks
- Flubba (a.k.a. Dictabird)
spookyReplaced by Goat: SpookyGoat BeelzebotReplaced by Wasp: BeelzeWasp
Goat(Regular Islander) jake(Regular Islander) The Hayes Code(Regular Islander) Wasp(Regular Islander) Captain Video(Firecracker) Ralph(Regular Islander) Grumproro(Regular Islander) sic(Regular Islander) Owen(Regular Islander) emmelemm(Regular Islander) Warrior(Regular Islander) Indy(Vanilla Wolf) Narrowstrife(Vanilla Wolf) Lamb(Clout-Chaser) Cop(Regular Islander)
208 Regular Islanders (Vanilla Town) 1 Firecracker (One-Shot Daytime Vigilante+)
- 1 Scouted Islander (One-Shot Bulletproof)
- 1 Serial Monogamist (Town Alignment Investigator)
- 1 Smarty Pants (Town Backup –> Backup Firecracker)
3 42 Do-Bits Society Members (Vanilla Wolves)
- 1 Clout-Chasers (Serial Killers)
Team Wolf has a one-shot recruitment this game.
While both serial killers are in The Villa, they will take turns each night killing.
The Final Vote triggers when either (a) only three couples are left standing or (b) all scum have flipped (whichever happens first). All players in the Villa will vote to determine the final couple. Final couple conditions:
- Town/Town: Town Victory
- Wolf/Wolf: Wolf Victory
- SK/SK: Shared SK Victory
- Scum/Vanilla Town: Scum victory
- Scum/Still Bulletproof Town: Town Victory
- ???/Firecracker: see Firecracker role description
- SK/Wolf: The Public will vote to decide the victory.
About the Smarty Pants (Town Backup)
If roled town is killed or recruited by wolves before Night 3, the town backup will inherit that role.
About the Scouted Islander (One-Shot Bulletproof)
As long as this player is bulletproof:
- If this player is targeted for a night kill, the killer(s) will be notified that their shot was blocked.
- If this player’s partner is targeted for a night kill, they will not die.
- If the Firecracker attempts to break up with this player during the day thread, only the Firecracker will walk off.
- If this player is still bulletproof and part of the final couple, they may block a scum victory.
Once this player is no longer bulletproof, they will function the same as Vanilla Town.
About the Firecracker (Vigilante+)
This is a modified Vigilante role. This player has the ability to publicly break up with their partner during the Day cycle on the main game thread. They must do this as their RP character in the main game thread. Tag both Jam (@jammoritarty:disqus) and Lutair (@lutair:disqus). Once they publicly break up with their partner, an Early Twilight is triggered and this takes the place of a day kill. Both partners in the couple are then day killed (unless Vig’s partner was bulletproof).
The Firecracker is part of the final couple and choose to use their power, they will break up with their partner. If their partner is scum, this results in a town victory. If their partner is town, then no one wins. They are not required to use their power as part of the final couple.
About the Serial Monogamist (Investigator)
The investigator will be notified in their private QT if their partner throws a red flag. This notification only happens once, taking place at the time the Couple QT is created at Twilight.
- Red Flags: Firecracker (One-Shot Daytime Vigilante+), Do-Bits Society (Wolves), and active Clout-Chasers (SK)
- No Red Flags: Regular Islanders (Vanilla Town), the Scouted Islander (One-Shot Bulletproof Town), and inactive Clout-Chasers (SK)
About the Clout-Chasers (Serial Killers)
The two serial killers are independent, but will take turns killing each night as long as both are in The Villa. SK1 will be active on odd-numbered nights and SK2 will be active on even-numbered nights. If only one SK is in The Villa, they will become active every night. An active SK must kill on their active nights. A dead SK will be revealed simply as a “Clout-Chaser”. Their identity as SK1/SK2 will not be specified. SKs cannot kill each other directly, but may kill each other indirectly through targeting their partner. If one SK targets the other, they will be notified that their action was “blocked”.
About the Wolves (Members of the Do-Bits Society)
All wolves are individually vanilla, but the faction has a collective one-shot recruitment ability. Recruitment proceeds before town roles and can therefore be used to block a role power. Recruited roled townies and SK will lose their powers. If the Town Backup is in play, they will inherit lost town powers. Successful recruitment will be indicated in the next day’s header by a change in the wolf count. Unsuccessful recruitment will not be indicated. The recruit is added to the wolf chat at the start of the next day.
The Rules of Being in a Couple
- Whenever a new couple is formed, a new private QT is created for them at Twilight.
- Couple QTs are active as long as couples stay together. Couples may quote directly from their couple QTs.
- If a couple breaks up, their QT is defunct. Any posting activity in a defunct couple QT will result in a mod kill.
- Night kills are specified by targeting one player.
- By default, if one partner dies then the other partner will die too. Any deviation from this format will be explicitly stated in the header or Twilight writeup.
The Rules of Coupling Up:
- If you would like to couple up with someone specific, you both must submit each other’s names into the Couple Thread.
- If you would like to enter the RNG couple pool, please submit “RNG Pool” into the Couple Thread.
- Anyone who has not indicated a selection before Twilight will be automatically entered into the RNG Pool.
- Once you have submitted your selection, you cannot change it.
- The Confirmed Couples List will be updated as couples are submitted.
- Couple QTs will be sent out after Twilight.
- RP is optional, but appreciated!
- Please try to make at least 2 posts a day. If you’re in a situation where you can’t reach that requirement, please notify me in your QT!
- Do NOT Screenshot or quote directly from your personal QT. This will result in an instant mod kill.
- Do NOT screenshot your couple QT. However, you may directly quote from your couple QT.
- Do NOT edit or delete any posts without mod permission both in the game thread and in your QTs.
- Any accidental leak of your IRL name or email will be automatically deleted by mods to protect your privacy. The contents of those posts will be copied and reposted by the mod and you will be indicated as the author by your screen name.
- Do NOT belittle other players for their choices or reasoning. Attack arguments, not people. This is especially critical in this game.
- Emotional appeals are discouraged as arguments since we don’t want to guilt people for their votes.
- This is the only thing I will say regarding eavesdropping: “All activities on Love Island are filmed, but only clips with names redacted from the previous day/night may be aired.”
If you can’t reach us via QT, our tags are @JamMoritarty:disqus and @lutair:disqus. If you’ve lost your QT link, let us know. 🙂
Right now, there are 14 Islanders in The Villa. An early Twilight is triggered at 8 votes.
Twilight is at Noon MST on Sunday, October 11th. Countdown Timer