In rode the Lord of the Nazgül. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgül, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.
All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen.
“You cannot enter here,” said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. “Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!”
The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.
“Old fool!” he said. “Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!” And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.*
Gandalf raised his staff, defiance in his eyes. He was Istar, he was Maiar, and although he could not cause injury to the Witch-King, he himself would not be cowed. The Lord of the Nazgül struck. Gandalf stood, contemptuous and unharmed.
The same could not be said for his steed. The black flame of the Captain of Mordor ran down his hide, consuming him. But he did not flinch. He did not retreat. He stood, even as he was enveloped by flame, his blue eyes piercing the dark of Mordor, forever challenging the supremacy of Sauron.
Even in death.
April (Shadowfax) is DEAD. They were VANILLA TOWN.
Far off in Isengard, Saruman toiled still over his sorcery, despite his Ent-guarded prison.
With a flick of his hand, he poured the blue-white lightning forth. It traveled leagues to the Fields of the Pelennor, and in the moment of Shadowfax’s death, it struck the crown of the Lord of the Nazgül.
But Saruman had not the power to cause hurt to the Witch-King of Angmar. The lightning broke apart into a shower of sparks.
The Captain of the hosts of Mordor was unsettled by the attack, and the horns of the Rohirrim sounding in the distance. This was not his master’s plan. He withdrew, and the armies of Mordor followed.
Gandalf marshalled his forces, leading his warriors towards the Black Gate. They had this one chance, to act as bait in the trap of Sauron. To draw his eye out from his own lands and away from the ringbearer.
But little did Gandalf know that the ringbearer lay alone in the tower of Minas Morgul, far from aid.
Just a fool’s hope…
*(my apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien)
THE FREE PEOPLES (
18 4 Town):
- The Fellowship (2)
Frodo: The ring-bearer. The bearer of the ring is resistant to night-kills. If the ring-bearer is day-killed or corrupted (recruited), the ring passes to the next living non-corrupted member of the fellowship in this line of succession.
Merry, & Pippin: Ring-bearers in waiting. No other powers. Aragorn: Can heal with their knowledge of athelas. Chooses one player per night to heal from night-kill. Can heal themselves. Cannot heal the same player two nights in a row. Boromir: Automatically becomes a Nazgül (Wolf) on Day 3. However, if they are the only remaining living Nazgül, they will revert back to town. This still applies even if they are corrupted (recruited) before Day 3. Gimli: Jailor. May not jail themselves. May not jail the same person two nights in a row.
- Gandalf: If killed, will resurrect on the day of their choosing. Gandalf must be dead one full day before resurrection.
Legolas: Investigator. Results will read NAZGÜL or NOT NAZGÜL.
- NOTE: IF ALL NINE MEMBERS OF THE FELLOWSHIP HAVE DIED OR BEEN CORRUPTED, THERE ARE NO REMAINING RING-BEARERS AND SAURON WINS (WITH AN EXCEPTION IF GOLLUM IS STILL ALIVE).
- NOTE: The ring-bearer is prevented from being night-killed due to the invisibility associated with wearing the ring. HOWEVER, if the ring-bearer role-claims outright, everyone will then know who they are and they will be vulnerable to night-kills. An outright role-claim would include “I’m [CHARACTER]” or “I am the ring-bearer” or some variation on such. The mod will be the final arbiter as to whether the ring-bearer has made such a role-claim. As a result, if someone receives the ring who has already role-claimed, they will also be vulnerable to night-kills.
Eowyn – Attempts to kill one player every night. They are only successful if they target the Witch-King of Angmar.
- Vanilla Town (2)
NAZGÜL (3 Wolves):
- Witch-King of Angmar – can only be night-killed by Eowyn. Can be day-killed like any other player.
Khamûl the Easterling – can attempt to corrupt (recruit) one townie every night until successful. Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #1 – Investigator. Investigation reveals the role of the player. Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #2 – Vanilla wolf.
- One Nazgül Wraith
- One Boromir
OTHER POWERS (
2 1 Alternative Win Conditions):
- Saruman (Serial Killer) – traditional SK win condition (wins if they are left alive at the end with one townie; if the final players left alive are the SK and a wolf, a special ending will occur).
Gollum (Neutral) – If Gollum is still alive at the end for a town win, and Frodo is dead, Gollum wins instead of town. Also, if Gollum is alive and all of the members of the fellowship have died or been corrupted, the ring will fall to them, and the game will continue, although town can no longer win.
There will also be daily, single-day roles that can be assigned to either town or scum. Check your QTs every day to find out if you’ve been assigned a one-shot role.
Night actions will occur in the order that enables the most actions to go through.
1. Mayelbridwen (Embla, Halfling Ranger)
Mr. Glitch (Thörnn Glitchimüs Ironthumper) – MERRY
Platypus Basileus (Reaganomicmir, son of Lamborghinimir) – LEGOLAS
4. Spooky (Andaly Dusklow)
Sic Humor (Vaarsuvius) – INVESTIGATOR WOLF
Sukaluski (The Sukarillion) – VANILLA TOWN
7. Josephus Brown (Sting)
8. Inndeeeeeeed (Walter White Out of Time) – GOLLUM
Annanomally (Hen Wen, the oracular pig) – VANILLA TOWN 10. Louiebb (Ivorwen) – VANILLA WOLF
11. Cop on the Edge-ish (Karrin Murphy, Chicago PD)
12. Goat (The Rhosgobel Rabbit) – ARAGORN 13. Owen (Oregon Trail Wagon Train Leader) – VANILLA TOWN
Hoho Possum (wee ho of ‘possum gulch) – PIPPIN 15. Forget It Jake (Geoff the Ent) – VANILLA TOWN
16. Wasp (Leslie Paynore, Wizard in Training)
17. Donalbain (Lord Donal of Bain) – EOWYN
19. DW (Yung Link) – VANILLA TOWN
April (Shadowfax) – VANILLA TOWN
21. Mac/Lindsay (Granny Lindsay)
22. Spiny Creature (Kenku Creature) – KHAMÛL THE EASTERLING 23. Hayjay (Alex Rettichzüchter) – GIMLI
24. Mr. I’m My Own Grandfather (Titanius Anglesmith, Fancy Man of Cornwood)
1. Colonel Mustard
2. Hayes Code
3. Lamb Dance
DO NOT QUOTE from any of your QT’s. Doing so will put you in danger of being mod-killed.
You are one of the four free peoples of Middle-Earth: Elves, Dwarves, Men, and Hobbits. Let’s be honest, you’re probably a dwarf. You have no power other than your vote (Vanilla Town). Use it wisely.
Participation: Please note that you must make a minimum of three posts per day to avoid being mod-killed.
TWILIGHT WILL BE 6PM CST ON MONDAY JULY 22ND!
Depending on night actions tomorrow, it is possible today is KOBKI.