Well, it’s finally over, as you probably heard. Game of Thrones has come to an end, and for many fans, it’s a bittersweet occasion, as the series has played a major role in their lives for several years (along with all of the weekly heartbreak that came along with it). But however you felt about the finale (I liked it, for what it’s worth), at least we can all be forever grateful for Jon Snow, and how he knew nothing.
Of course, dealing with the end of a fandom can be hard on many levels (and this year is full of endings, with everything from My Little Pony to How to Train Your Dragon coming to a close). But there’s always more stuff for fans to be excited about, whether it’s the Blu-ray releases, the prequel spin-offs, and of course fanfiction and fan art that will keep these things alive.
Also, we’ll always have YouTube parodies…
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a lovely afternoon, everyone!
And you are loved.