Detective Pikachu is on the case! He just got back from an intense interrogation session– aided by a notepad and paper, since not everyone understands PikaSpeak– and he’s feeling pretty confident in himself. This is the first time he’s felt happy since… that incident with the Aipom…
He goes over his notes, wishing he could’ve gotten more information out of whoever he had just interrogated. Ah, well, at least he has something to bring to his fellow detectives once he’s ready.
Well, he would have something. If he had looked up, he would’ve seen the thing that sent him flying into the parlor. Who knew Pikachus were so tossable?
HAYES (Detective Pikachu) has been thrown into the parlor. She (he) was Pheobe Dickens (The INTERROGATOR).
L has just smuggled a small child’s birthday party worth of cake out of the kitchen, and scampers (god, he hopes no one saw him scamper) to the study to savor his prize. The only thing sweeter than these pastries, he thinks, would be the sweet release of [BEING SENT TO THE PARLOR].
Luckily, someone decides to grant that wish for him. How kind. (Though it wasn’t kind to throw him like that.)
LUTAIR (L) has been thrown into the parlor. He was Dolly Bianca (The TERRIBLE NURSE).
The nurse has fulfilled their win condition by dying! Since they died at night, they don’t get to kill anyone. This is probably the best option for everyone.
Jude, the girl scout, skips over to her mom’s car to get the box of Savannah Smiles out of the trunk. Her mom is proud that she’s selling so much, but she doesn’t really like the crowd she’s been hanging out with…
“Mom, mom!!! Look at this cool mask my new friends gave me!!” Jude brandishes the shiny, heart-shaped mask she was given by Valentine, her new best friend! Jude’s mom gives a patronizing “woooow!” before closing the trunk.
When someone walks up to her and whispers in her ear about who Valentine really is, she’s furious. She lets them lead her darling daughter up into the parlor. (Much to Jude’s dismay– who’s going to buy all of these cookies?)
SISTER JUDE (Girl Scout) has been led into the parlor. She was Madeline Ash (SPICY WOLF)!
Live update from the parlor:
It’s not quite E for Everyone in there. That’s what happens when you trap ten or so detectives in one smallish room. But maybe someone should open a window in there? And the butler hasn’t brought more sandwiches in forever. All they have are the slightly smushed pastries from L’s parlor debut. Someone grossly underestimated the amount of people y’all would stuff in there.
From an air vent, a smallish pink envelope flies out. You’re used to Valentine’s letters by now, so not a single one of you lets out a gasp in awe or shock. If he were here, he’d be pretty disappointed by that, probably.
Another precious sleuth knocked out
Means another Dickens ally gone.
The Commodore’s skills, I start to doubt:
Has he ever helped you on?
Keep in mind, this is a race:
My spies are few and far between.
If you don’t pick up the pace,
You’ll never find your teen!
By the way, we got bored watching you, so Spooky and I went out.
We saw Captain Marvel again.
Suchhh a good movie. Brie Larson killed it, tbh.
<3 Mr. Valentine
“How dare he!” yells out The Commodore, outraged. “That last part didn’t even rhyme! What do we even call him The Shakespeare of Crime for?”
“Actually,” interjects McGruff the crime dog, “None of us have called him that! It’s really a liiiiittle bit dumb sounding. Woof.”
The Commodore thought it was super cool, but he lets it slide.
“Didn’t he just insult you in that first stanza?” asks Jake Gittes, nose still in a bandage that may or may not be necessary. “Seems like his hatred of the Dickens Detective Agency runs deeper than just the agency itself. Maybe his vendetta is against you?”
You all ponder that for a moment. Tons of pondering up in here. Warren even put on his thinking face. Then, the clock strikes [reasonable time]! Time for everyone to get accusing!
159 Detectives (Town) 94 Vanilla Town (No powers)
- Butch Johnson, the Bodyguard
- Charlotte Dickens-Johnson, the Vigilante
- Ling-Ling Johnson, the Investigator
- Kid Riddle, the Spy (the better kind)
Phoebe Dickens, the Interrogator
- Max Dickens, the Veteran
- Includes one already activated Serial Killer
43 Mr. Valentine’s Lackeys (Wolves) Madeline Ash, the Spicy Wolf Judith Prudence, the Judge
- Ed Mission, the Recruiter
- Morgan Harvest, the Chemist
- Plus one recruit
21 Neutral s
- These people win if they fulfill their agendas, but don’t affect the town v wolf struggle
- Thaddeus Bilge, the Butler
Dolly Bianca, the Terrible Nurse
Townies want to keep the banquet running smoothly so the next head detective can be announced. They also probably want to be the head detective.
- Bodyguard: Can choose to “protect” one player each night. If their protection target is attacked by any killing role, this player will die instead.
- Vigilante: Two-shot night kill.
- Investigator: Can target one player each night, and is told if that target is a scum or non-scum player
- Spy, but the okay kind: Can target one player each night, and is told if that player has a role or not. Neutrals who have fulfilled their agendas will read as unroled.
- Interrogator: Can privately talk with one player each night. The two share a QT, and the Interrogator’s identity is hidden (by using a burner QT account)
- Veteran: Can see who “visits” them (uses their role power on them) each night.
Wolves have been wooed by Valentine’s sneaky ways, and were told to stop the reveal of the new head detective at all costs. But not to harm Dorian.
- Spicy Wolf: Vanilla wolf, but they’ll read as the one who “visits” a player as a wolf kill. Will mock you for using mild sauce at Taco Bell.
- Judge: Appears as innocent, but roled. An investigator’s nightmare.
- Recruiter: One-shot recruitment power.
- Chemist: Roleblocker wolf.
- Butler: Has a certain target they want to daykill. This target will always be a townie. AGENDA: Wins when their target dies during the day. Loses if they don’t die, or die at night.
- Terrible Nurse: Just wants to die, man. Can nightkill someone who votes for them during the day if they are daykilled. **If they don’t choose a target, I choose for them. NO SURVIVORS.** AGENDA: Wants to be daykilled, but being eaten by wolves doesn’t sound too bad.
The Perhaps Serial Killer, They Aren’t Too Sure If They’re Feeling Down For It Yet will be chosen when a town-aligned person fulfills a certain requirement.
- forget_it_jake (Jake Gittes)
Sister Jude (Girl Scout)Madeline Ash (Spicy Wolf)
- Goat (Gregg)
Mayelbridwen (The Boxcar Children)Detective (Vanilla Town) The Wasp (Everyone from Scooby-Doo)Detective (Vanilla Town)
- Lindsay (McGruff the Crime Dog)
Clodia (Alexis Goodlooking)Detective (Vanilla Town)
- Indy (Rock-Turning Rabbit)
- Spiny Creature (Riz Gukgak)
The Hayes Code (Detective Pikachu)Phoebe Dickens (Interrogator) lutair (L)Dolly Bianca (Terrible Nurse)
- ThoughtsThoughtsThoughts (Sammy Keyes)
- Mr.I’mMyOwnGrandpa (The Bat)
Josephus Brown (Sam Spade)Judith Prudence (The Judge/Wolf)
- Donalbain (Dizzy the Egg)
- Hoho (Hoho for hire)
- DW (Joker)
Sic Humor (Whitty Gawship)Detective (Vanilla Town)
- Owen1120 (Mike Detective)/Video (Warren Wolfe)
King Ralph (Devo)Detective (Vanilla Town)
- Grumproro (Naoto Shirogane)
please sign up to be a backup
Twilight will be at 3:30 PM EST on Tuesday, May 7th!
Also, just FYI, the interrogator (if not roleblocked or otherwise stopped) would’ve had the chance to interrogate one last person on the night of her death. It didn’t make sense to not give her that.