The big story of the sports week is Tiger, but I figure we’ve all heard plenty about it by now. So I am leading with the genuine surprise of the Warriors blowing a 31 point lead to the Clippers. I don’t think anyone expects the Warriors not to wake up again for the rest of what should be a one sided series. But man, for a title contender, that was really a bad look. (I continue to think they are very beatable, and that they can’t just flip a switch and be awesome this time around.) At the same time, it’s a tribute to super-sixth man Lou Williams and coach Doc Rivers that the Clippers came back. And if you are looking to recruit a superstar, last night’s second half is a heck of a recruiting film.
Elsewhere, if you want some thoughts about reconciling Tiger the comeback king and Tiger the man, I recommend Sarah Spain. And we can also discuss:
- The rather surprising collapse of the Lightning (which might be over by the time this posts), among other NHL playoff matchups
- The NBA coaching merry go round
- The endless array of Yankees on the IL
- Russell Wilson, the highest paid played in the NFL
- And eight days till the NFL meat market opens
As ever, all sports topics welcome.