I’m going pretty bleak with the featured image this week (which appears to be a fan art of Leo mourning over Mikey’s presumed violent end), but it doesn’t necessarily reflect my own mood. I’m trying to take each day as it comes, which works pretty well most days, so I guess that counts as “progress” so to speak on my account. In any event, I’ve certainly been worse.
“Could be worse” is sometimes seen as a cheap attempt at optimism, but that doesn’t mean it’s not effective. Just as I find saying “Oh, my God” actually works to benefit my own faith, for whatever bizarre reason, so too can saying “Well, it could be worse, I could be (fill in the blank)” can also provide its own strange boost. This isn’t to say it always works, at least for me. But when my depression’s not in a terrible place, it can be helpful.
Also, I’m not sure why I went with this fan art. I’ve been on a Ninja Turtles mode thanks to me discovering the delights of the new series, and searching “sad ninja turtles” is what brought this to my laptop. A personality test I took more than ten years ago said I was attracted to sad things. Perhaps that’s true, but next week I will go for something “lighter”…
Anyway, enough of that. Here’s Master Splinter owning the turtles at basketball or something…
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a great night, everyone!
And you are loved.