This is the quarterfinals for the 8-bit generation of video games, covering games roughly between 1985-89 including the NES and Sega Master System.
Please vote for one game in each pairing.
The most upvoted games will continue to the semifinals.
From the round of 16:
- The most voted game was Super Mario Bros. 3. This was also the biggest blowout, against Punch-Out.
- The least voted games were Punch-Out and Ninja Gaiden.
- The game with the least votes moving on to the round of 16 is Contra, in a very close match against Gauntlet.
- The game with the most votes that was eliminated was Metroid, facing off against PC classic Sim City.
- The closest match was a tie between Super Mario Bros. 2 and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade). I’ve been holding off voting in any matches so I could serve as tiebreaker in a situation like this, and I decided in favor of SMB2, which I’ve always enjoyed. I find TMNT to be fun for a few levels but diminishing returns set in quickly.
Voting ends 10PM EST Friday.