Welcome to this week’s edition of the Avocado Fashion Club, where you can read about style and fashion trends for all gender expressions, browse a selection of runway collections, and provide style tips and suggestions to your fellow Avocados.
Inspired by the 1980s-set Netflix series GLOW, this week’s edition takes a look at the 80s’ trends influencing fashion and style not only this summer, but next season as well. We also have articles on current hair trends, street style for men and women, and what some of the most talked-about fashion labels have showcased for summer and fall 2018.
BACK TO THE EIGHTIES: SUMMER & FALL 2018
How the ’80s are influencing the latest, and up-and-coming, styles.
- The Coolest ‘80s Makeup Ideas, Modelled by the Stars of ‘GLOW’ (Glamour)
- Summer 2018 Fashion Trends: The Only Looks You Need to Know (Who What Wear)
- This Stylist and Archivist Wants to Show You What the Real Fashion of the 1980s Looked Like (Vogue)
THE LOOK BOOK
Articles on clothes, hair and accessories for all your street style needs.
- The Best Men’s Hair Products You Can Buy in 2018 (FashionBeans)
- How to Do the 1980s Trend: From Shoulder Pads to Clip-On Earrings (Who What Wear)
- 80s Fashion For Men: How to Get the 1980s Style (The Trend Spotter)
- Menswear: The Latest Street Styles (FashionBeans)
- 10 Outdated Men’s Summer Style Taboos (FashionBeans)
ON THE RUNWAY
Collections that caught my eye this week.
- Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2018 Ready-to-Wear Collection
- Versace Spring/Summer 2018 Collection
- River Island Spring/Summer 2018 Menswear Lookbook
- Comme des Garçons Homme Plus Spring/Summer 2018 (those glitter shorts!)
- Valentino Fall 2018 Couture Collection
- Rag & Bone Fall 2018 Menswear Collection
And now, this week’s bonus question: Are there any outfits or looks from the ’80s you find particularly memorable?