The big off-the-field story of the week is the 6-3 decision by the Supreme Court to strike from the books a federal law banning gambling on most sports. Meaning that pretty soon, states will start to permit and regulate betting on pretty much anything from baseball to bowling. The ramifications of this could be huge. Or not. It will be interesting to watch.
Even if personally, I dislike gambling intensely and worry that any increase in gambling addiction will not be handled properly.
But until betting on sports is allowed outside Nevada, you can still discuss the following:
- Nevada’s favorite hockey team and Winnipeg’s favorite sons are all tied up. And as of this writing, the Caps are looking good.
- Did anyone get the number of that truck that ran over the Rockets?
- Baseball’s best teams are the Yankees, the Red Sox, and…the Braves?
- Robinson Cano suspended for PED use
- Hedge fund billionaire David Tepper to buy the Carolina Panthers
- The number one picks goes to the Suns
As ever, all topics welcome.