Good afternoon, all.
As many of us recoil in horror over Trump’s decision over the Iran deal, let’s all have a moment to take a collective breather. In my case, it’s going to take something like a warm bath or a hot supper, but for some of you it might take a walk around the neighborhood or calling a friend. My main goal is to not freak out too much: I went crazy with worry last year over potential international conflict with Korea, and that didn’t do me or anyone around me many favors. So I’m going to try my best to stay calm and not go into all out panic mode…yet.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the (current) guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. (New!) If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a nice day, everyone!