Jeopardy! recap for Fri., Mar. 30 – Here are today’s contestants:
– Tyler, a graduate student from Vienna, WV, who owns 50 board games;
– Jen, a Ph.D. candidate from Charlottesville, VA, whose Winnie the Pooh VHS was sadly taped over with Alex; and
– Emily, a nanny from Birmingham, MI, whose bowling average is 88. Emily is a two-day champ with winnings of $45,001.
Jen scored early in geography, then in DJ Emily took over in literature, but surprisingly missed DD2. Tyler came to life very late, took the lead and showed the way into FJ with $11,900 vs. $8,400 for Emily and $6,000 for Jen.
DD1 – HISTORIC FILL IN THE QUOTE – Churchill: “From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic,” this “has descended across the continent” (Jen lost $2,200)
DD2 – LITERARY LOVE TRIANGLES – In this novel, Jake Barnes, Lady Brett Ashley, Robert Cohn (Emily lost $3,000)
DD3 – PLAYING THE PALLADIUM – Known for mining, especially of copper, this western state has the USA’s only palladium mine (Tyler lost $500)
FJ – U.S. STATE HISTORY – During Ulysses Grant’s 2-term presidency, only one state joined the Union: this one
Only Emily picked the right state for FJ, but thanks to her small wager of $1,400 (that opened the possibility of being passed by Jen), Emily would have won by $1 even if she had missed. Emily added $9,800 to her earnings, which now stand at a three-day total of $45,001.
That’s before our time: So many to choose from, including
– In the “R.C.” category, “Fritz the Cat” creator Robert Crumb;
– The subject of the 1962 quote, “You won’t have Nixon to kick around anymore”.
– The hitmaking sibling duo Karen and Richard, The Carpenters;
– The comedy duo with Top 40 hits such as “Basketball Jones”, Cheech and Chong.
DD1 – What is “an iron curtain”?
DD2 – What is “The Sun Also Rises”?
DD3 – What is Montana?
FJ – What is Colorado?