We’re back! A little later than I would like, but we’re back all the same.
As the world continues to turn, many of us find ourselves overwhelmed by everything that’s going on. Everything sometimes feels likes it turning into chaos right around us, with there being little we can do about it. In my case, lately, it has been medical issues which have been beyond my control. Without going into details, it’s a condition I’ll be able to manage with just fine, but it’s also one which, for the time being, there is no cure for.
What I try to do is give myself things to look forward to. In my case, it is often movies. The positive buzz surrounding the premiere of Spielberg’s upcoming Ready Player One and the endless hype for Avengers: Infinity War can sometimes be enough to get me through a rough afternoon. Though I occasionally dread the future, anticipation on an optimistic level can sometimes work volumes to boost our spirits.
If you’ve never been here until, this is a place for “serious” discussions. We have a Mental Health thread already, but this goes a little broader than that in terms of the subjects which can be talked about. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into a debate. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
Have a lovely evening, everyone!