I’m pleasantly surprised at how many people said they enjoyed the art round yesterday. I mostly did it because the artist and work in question 5 came up in my current events research and I really wanted to use them in a question. I’ll try to circle back to art sooner rather than later, but today it’s Central America.
- The graphic below shows the cover art for the three entries in a video game series whose first entry was released in 2006. The main title of the series refers to the code name of a United States military operation that began in late 1989 and involved the invasion of what country?
- What word names both the second largest lake in Central America and the national capital that sits on its southwestern shore?
- What rice and black bean stir fry is the national dish of Costa Rica? Its name means “spotted rooster” in Spanish.
- Name the K’iche’ human rights activist who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1992. The focus of her activism is on rights for the indigenous peoples of Guatemala.
- What is the name of the striking geological formation shown here? Part of the Belize Barrier Reef Reserve system, a UNESCO World Heritage site, it is a popular bucket list tourist destination for skilled scuba divers.
- gallo pinto
- Rigoberta Menchú
- Great Blue Hole
Please use spoiler tags if you play along in the comments.