I wouldn’t say there was a groundswell of support for this feature, but the people who commented seemed to like it, so I’ll keep it up. Once again I’ll post the round I wrote for today along an oldie. The latter feature is not going to continue for much longer, because my back catalog is just not that deep.
- What historical novel, set during the Napoleonic Wars, is framed as a puppet show being staged at the titular event? The original cover illustration show below is not by Annie Leibovitz.
- William Faulkner’s first nationally published short story shares its title with and is the basis for what melancholy tune by The Zombies? In 2017, the song was used as the closing theme for the podcast S-Town.
- What 1993 novel was adapted into a 1996 movie by Sophia Coppola? The title notwithstanding, one of the ill-fated Lisbon sisters is portrayed as being sexually active.
- Stieg Larsson, Smieg Larsson. The father of modern Swedish literature is what novelist and playwright who penned The Red Room, Miss Julie, and To Damascus?
- The Magic Misfits, a novel that includes magic tricks suitable for children, was written by what legendary actor and amateur illusionist?
- Vanity Fair
- “A Rose for Emily”
- The Virgin Suicides
- August Strindberg
- Neil Patrick Harris
- Black Panther director Ryan Coogler has directed two other feature length films starring Michael B. Jordan. One is a spin off of a long running franchise, the other based on the true story of a 2008 tragedy. Name either.
- Albert and Allen are the first names of the twin brothers known for directing Menace II Society, From Hell, and Dead Presidents. What is their surname?
- What word, also the title of 2014 film by director Ava DuVernay, has been omitted from the song clip?
- What is the sweet name of this Jordan Peele character, no relation to Farley Drexel Hatcher?
- The still below is from a memorable scene in which Chris Rock’s customer negotiates with Isaac Hayes’ Hammer to buy a single rib for 50 cents. Who directed the film from which this scene was taken?
- Creed or Fruitvale Station
- Keenan Ivory Wayans