Another hard night of fighting the System on all fronts leaves the freedom fighters of the Resistance exhausted. Dawn is in a few hours, and they’re about ready to collapse when suddenly they hear the alarms go off. The outer hatches slam shut and all of the primary lights shut off, leaving only the red emergency lights. A few of the fighters turn on their flashlights.
“What’s going on?” asks Marcus nervously.
“Probably just a faulty wire. This place is held together with duct tape,” replies Patience.
“I’m afraid not this time, Patience,” replies a voice over the PA. Everyone recognized the voice as Sin, the elusive leader of the Resistance.
“Wait, that’s coming from the PA. That’s an internal system,” says Machina, piecing things together. “Are you in the building, boss?”
A moment passes, then “Yes” echoes over the PA. It sinks in that this is the closest any of them have ever been to Sin. She hasn’t been seen since beginning the Resistance, communicating exclusively through videophone and messages.
“Why?” asks Joseph, almost annoyed. “After all these years, why now??”
“There was something I had to be sure of,” replies Sin, “and now I am. Though I suspect that was part of the plan. I’ve discovered that three people here are working for the System. I don’t know which of you it is, but I know they’re in that room. I’ve closed off all exits until I can be sure we’re free of traitors.”
As the group begins looking at each other, Terra speaks up, “Sin, if you’re in the building, you’re taking a huge gamble here. If the traitors are able to take enough of us out, they can force their way into the security room, which, of course, is where you are, and…” she leaves the thought unfinished.
Sin responds somberly, “I know, Terra. My life is in your hands.”
1. Shipwreck – Marcus-813 – Synthetic son of a System aristocrat. Specialty: Insider knowledge.
2. Flaxon Jackson – Terra Nightingale – Ex-spymaster of the System. Current tactician of the Resistance. Specialty: Tactics, leadership, counterintelligence.
3. mello yello enthusiast – Jack Freedom – Ex-gangbanger, current robot assassin. Specialty: Synthetic disassembly.
4. Harvey Dent – James Berthaw – Bruiser for hire. Specialty: CQC
5. MacCrocodile – Julia Stiles AKA Gh0st – Child hacker. Specialty: Locating targets.
6. Molly_Grue – Patience Valentino – Cyborg combatant. Specialty: Large arms, deception.
7. the good king snugglewumps – Sally “Slick” Niles – Underground black market merchant and reptile Gmodder. Specialty: Acquisitions.
8. Subsaharan – Baker Johnson – Ex-System mech mechanic. Specialty: Vehicle/Walker modifications.
9. BannerThief – Officer Brian Killinger – Police Mole for the Resistance. Specialty: Small arms, espionage.
10. creeper – Sam Witcher – Expert on-the-fly spy with little attachment to reality. Specialty: Espionage, identity theft.
11. Kolya – Selina Jackson – Ex-System surgeon turned Resistance fighter. Specialty: chemical weaponry, medicine.
12. Admirax – Max Wheeler – Ex-System cybernetics expert. Specialty: Cybernetic enhancement, inventions.
13. Felixir – Alphonse-293 – “Non-sentient” robot ex-slave. Gained sentience and joined Resistance. Specialty: Stealth.
14. Otakunomike – Mach1n4 (other aliases unknown). Expert hacker, but extreme agoraphobe. Specialty: Decryption, Security.
15. Roswulf – Joseph Kanjo – Veteran fighter. Specialty: Classic security. CQC.
2 System Agents (Mafia Goons)
1 System NeuroHacker OR Analyst (Mafia Roleblocker OR Stalker)
8 Freedom Fighters (Vanilla Townies)
1 Analyst (Cop)
1 MedTec (Doctor)
1 Chronologist (Jailkeeper)
1 Terrorist (Serial Killer w/ Immunity to Mafia NK OR Immunity to Cop Investigations)
The roles with OR in them indicate that the person assigned that role gets a choice.
Remember NO EDITING POSTS. If you edit a post, you will likely be modkilled, which is bad for your entire team.
Attack arguments, not people. Feel free to get into character, but votes and game-based decisions don’t necessarily have to be thoroughly character-based. Remember, this is a game. Have fun with it!
The day ends when there is a majority of votes or on Wed at 6PM PST. Countdown Timer