Don’t sing if you want to live long
They have no use for your song
You’re dead, you’re dead, you’re dead
You’re dead and outta this world
“GUILLERMO!” Nandor the Relentless shouted. The vampire leaped up onto the couch, pressing his hands on either side of his head in panic. “Guillermo, get in here!”
Guillermo ran from the hall, wiping his hands with a damp cloth. “Master? What’s wrong?”
Alerted by the shouting, Nadja wandered into the living room. “What in the bloody hell is that?” she said, pointing to a whirring metal disk on the floor.
“That?” Guillermo said. “It’s a Roomba.”
“It’s an unholy abomination!” shrieked Nandor.
“It’s a vacuum cleaner,” Guillermo said patiently. “It sweeps the floor.”
“How does it move on its own?” asked Nadja. “Is it possessed by an imp?”
“I think the Roomba is cute,” said Colin Robinson, who had been sitting in the corner the whole time without anyone noticing.
“Nobody cares what you think, Colin Robinson!” hissed Nandor.
“Oh, I know.”
“Master,” Guillermo said, “You told me to clean the living room floor and patrol the grounds for werewolves on Thursdays. I thought this would be a way to do both, efficiently.”
“Take it away!” Nandor said. “Away, away! Back to the abyssal pit from whence it spawned!”
“Can I have it?” Colin Robinson asked, walking over to the Roomba and picking it up. “I can bring it to the office. Maybe someone will trip over it and get seriously injured.”
Guillermo balled his hands into fists and clenched his jaw. “Will there be anything else, Master?” he said.
“You have done enough damage for today,” Nandor said. He held out one hand and Nadja helped him step off the couch. “Why aren’t you looking for werewolves, Guillermo? It’s Thursday!”
“The hairy beasts have been skulking about,” Nadja said. “I smelled pee outside when I was tending to the garden.”
“Go!” said Nandor.
“Yes, master,” Guillermo slunk out the front door.
Nandor turned to Nadja. “Umm, the pee outside might have been mine. What? It’s not healthy to hold it in!”
Town-Aligned – Town wins when all threats are eliminated
- 1 Coffin Maker (Jailer) – Each night phase, the coffin maker nails one player into a coffin. They are protected from any night actions, and cannot perform any night action while they are sealed in the coffin. They can’t target themselves, and can’t target the same player twice in a row.
- 1 Wolf Hunter (Investigator) – Each night phase, the investigator chooses one other player to investigate. They will get a result of either Wolf or Not Wolf. Guillermo (SK) will thus read as Not Wolf.
- 11 Townsfolk – No additional powers. You’re just trying to get the Familiar job and maybe work your way up to eternal life just like anybody else.
- 3 Werewolves – The Wolves share a private chat, which they use to talk amongst themselves and scheme against Town, day or night. Each night, wolves will choose one player to kill. As long as there is one unimpeded wolf, they may carry out this night action. Wolves win when the SK is dead and their numbers are equal to Town (or when nothing can be done to prevent this).
- 1 Guillermo de la Cruz (Serial Killer) – If Guillermo is the last familiar standing, surely they’ll have to make him a vampire! Right?! Each night, Guillermo chooses one player to kill. He wins when all other players are eliminated.
- If you have any questions at all, feel free to message Nate or Goat on discord.
- The game consists of Day and Night phases. During the Day, there will be a post here at the Avocado in which you may speak freely amongst yourselves. Together, you will vote on a player to remove from the game (or “day kill” for short).
- The Day phase will end either at the pre-designated Twilight time, or when more than 50% of remaining players have voted for the same person. Whichever event triggers twilight, all game-related conversation should stop immediately.
- The Night phase begins immediately after the result of the Day’s vote is posted. During this time, those with night actions (wolves, SK, jailer, investigator) will submit these actions to me in a private chat.
- Day Phases will be roughly 36 hours and Night Phases will be roughly 12 hours. I will tag you all to alert you when a new day has begun.
- Special thanks to Goat for co-modding and providing the flavor text.
- No Editing or Deleting Comments for Any Reason – This includes typos, double posts, posting something in the wrong thread, etc. Double check your comment before you hit Post.
- Do not quote anything said in the private chats directly in the day threads. You may paraphrase, but copying and pasting a role description, for example, is not allowed.
- As mentioned above, all game-related conversation must stop when twilight happens, whether or not a mod is around to call it.
- Do not discuss the game outside the game threads.
- There will be an official Vote Thread (usually the first comment of the day). Only votes in the Vote Thread will be counted.
- If the vote is tied at Twilight, one of the tied players will be eliminated randomly.
- Play the game! Inactivity may result in replacement. Try to make at least a few game related posts each game day.
- Roleplay is encouraged, but isn’t required.
- Attack arguments, not people. Be kind.
- VT Message: “You are Vanilla Town. Your only power is your voice and your vote. Town wins when the Serial Killer and all Wolves are eliminated.”
- The spreadsheet will have the most up to date vote count, though I’ll also update the count in the vote thread as often as I can.
- If you’re in the document, you’ll show up as a random anonymous animal to anyone else viewing the document (including me), even if you’re signed into a google account. So you can open it without worrying about anyone seeing your IRL info.
- Chum Joely
- Mr Glitch
- Mister Sparkle
Twilight will be at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific on Saturday, November 6.