In a nondescript cul-de-sac on the outskirts of Minneapolis, there’s a nervous energy in the air as neighbors file in and out of a red brick house. Some help board up the windows. Others fortify the doors. It’s the day before the annual Purge, and they’ve decided to all pitch in and hole up in the most defensible house to wait it out.
But can they all be trusted?
There have been rumors of gangs that are offering bounties to anyone who’ll help them get access to an especially rich prize. But surely those are just rumors, same as every year…
- 5 Wolves
- 17 Town
- Wolf Roleblocker – Each night, blocks one player from performing any night actions. May not block the same player twice in a row.
- Town Doctor – Each night, protects one player from being killed. Can protect themselves. May not protect the same player twice in a row.
- Town Cupid – On Night 1, chooses a player to be Lovers with. They will share a QT, and if one dies they both die. The “recruitment” happens before any other night actions.
- Town Neighborino – Each night, chooses a player to reveal their alignment to. This is an active action that can be blocked or detected.
- ?? Fruit Vendor – Each night they can send someone a piece of fruit. The fruit does nothing.
- ?? Mail Carrier – Each night they can send someone a message.
- 2 ?? Motion Detectors – Each night, chooses a player to detect. They will see motion if there are any night actions performed by or targeting that player.
- Do not edit or delete posts for any reason.
- The Wolf kill is mandatory and is carried out by a designated Wolf.
- In the event of a tie, the player that was on the board first dies (they will be listed first in the vote counts). Vote early!
- Town wins when all Wolves are eliminated. Wolves win when their numbers equal Town (or when nothing can be done to prevent this).
- Play the game! Inactivity may result in replacement.
- Quoting: do not directly reference any communication with the Mod that happened outside the game threads. You can claim whatever you like in whatever wording you like, as long as the claim does not imply Mod authority. (This is a little different than most quoting rules, I realize, so hopefully it’s clear)
- Attack arguments, not people. Be kind.
- VT Message: “You are Vanilla Town. Your only power is your voice and your vote. Town wins when all Wolves are eliminated.”
- A player can only perform one night action per night.
Night Action Priority: Lover Recruitment > Blocking > Fruit/Mail > Protection > Kills
- Day Two is P̴̗̥̖̘͕̎Ű̴̳̮̆͌͋̚R̴̥̐̊̓̑͠Ġ̶̤͖̈́̄E̶̫͠ ̸̪͙̣͙̿̉D̷̢̜͖͔̺̓̈Ą̸̜͊̿͆̓̕Ȳ̵̜̦͚̌͗̊̈́͜
- Every player on the player list gets one (1) vig shot, with a base hit rate of 15%
- There will be two one-hour windows during which shots can be used (looking ahead, this will probably be on Sunday, one in the early afternoon and another in the evening)
- A player uses their shot by making a top-level comment that tags me and says who they want to shoot (eg @NateTheLesser:disqus Shoot Hoho) (sorry Hoho)
- I’ll reply with “Hit” or “Miss”
- If it’s a Hit I’ll make a new top-level comment with the flip at my earliest convenience (maybe multiple flips depending on how fast things are happening)
- Shots happen in order, so if someone’s killed before they can use their shot, the shot goes tragically unused
- The spreadsheet will have the most up to date vote count, though I’ll also update the count in the vote thread as often as I can.
- If you’re in the document, you’ll show up as a random anonymous animal to anyone else viewing the document (including me), even if you’re signed into a google account. So you can open it without worrying about anyone seeing your IRL info.
Twilight will be at 8pm Central on Friday, October 1st.