24 September 1864
Though to keelhaul a man is indeed a cruel and unusual punishment if any there be, yet it could not be by my hand that my own flesh and blood should actually be put to death. And so it was done. Yet even as Ethan was pushed from the bow, he continued to maintain, with the utmost conviction, that the false vision was in fact the truth. And, taking pity, I did not give orders to wrest from him the hideous trinket, which seemed to give him some comfort. I could see no harm in it, an ornament to which he clung so desperately, to which he clung even as he was pulled from the water, to which he still clings. . . .
— Captain Latham’s Journal
17 March 2021
That night, Barney’s dream was somehow more and less strange than before, as people and creatures swung and flew through familiar environs, some fleeing, others chasing targets they couldn’t quite see. He watched as that indomitable green mass floated inexorably closer to a warthog who was fretfully watching the sky in the wrong direction. Barney wanted to shout a warning, but, in the way of dreams, his voice came out as a whisper. He could only watch, witness. Then he woke up – and wondered why the warthog reminded him of his dad.
Flubba is dead. They were Human (Barney’s Dad).
The Grief-Stricken Vig has been activated.
Meanwhile, another player clutches the Piggy, wondering when the timer will go off. . . .
hoho (space possum) — Vanilla Town
2. sic humor (Piggy from Lord of the Flies)
Flubba (MISTER PIG) — Barney’s Dad (Town)
4. Jude (Judy Shepherd)
5. Nate (Spaceman Spiff)
6. Goat (Marvin the Martian)
malthusc (Mayor malthusc) — Vanilla Town
Hayes (Xena Morris) — Vanilla Town
9. Mac (Jake, a college professor from Louisiana)
Side Character (Mabel) — Vanilla Wolf
11. Sheleeta (Cat.gif)
anewholiday (the spinster Anya) — Vanilla Town
13. raven and rose (Phoebe Terese)
14. Indy (MacShini, *bawoar!*)
15. Narrowstrife (Milton Bradley)
16. emmelemm (Piggy Witless)
Ralph (Ralph Bassmaster) — Jrlb (Water SK)
Grumproro (Hotaru Tomoe) — Vanilla Town
19. Louie (John Crichton)
20. Lindsay (Wesley Crusher)
Lamb Dance (Anksyby the Piggy Bank) — Vanilla Town
8 Humans (Town)
— 6 Vanilla Town
— 1 Adrianna Latham (Cop)
— 1 Barney’s Mom (Grief-Stricken Vig)
2 Lichen (Wolves)
— 1 Vanilla Wolf
— 1 Wolf Blocker
2 Single Aliens (SKs)
— 1 Zulma
— 1 Moyna
The Piggy (NPC)
Adrianna Latham (Town Cop) can investigate one player each Night. If not blocked, Adrianna learns whether that player is Vanilla or Not Vanilla.
Barney’s Parents are Town and share a QT until one of them dies, at which point the survivor becomes a Grief-Stricken Vigilante.
The Grief-Stricken Vig (Barney’s Mom) has two shots. The first shot will work as intended unless blocked. The second shot has a 33% chance of working as intended, a 33% chance of backfiring on the shooter, and a 33% chance of hitting the wrong person (determined by RNG).
When the Wolf Blocker dies, another Wolf will inherit the role.
At Twilight, an environment will be chosen by RNG — trees,
water, air, or Earth.
- Zulma can kill in the trees and can’t be killed in the trees.
Jrlb can kill in the water and can’t be killed in the water.
- Moyna can kill in the air and can’t be killed in the air.
Jrlb, and Moyna can kill on Earth but can also be killed. On Earth nights, Zulma, Jrlb, and Moyna will hang out in their preferred ecosystem on Earth. Each other player will be RNG’d into the trees, water, or air on Earth. A night action will only go through if players are in the same environment on Earth.
The Piggy answers one private yes/no question during the day in QT to its holder (initial holder determined by RNG). The answer will be true but might not be the whole truth, and the Piggy might answer the question differently than asked. The holder of the Piggy must give it away to someone else before Twilight or die if it’s not the last day/night. If the person to whom they give it dies that night, they also die, and the new Piggy holder will be determined by RNG. Whoever holds the Piggy on the last day/night of the game will share the win.
- Do not edit posts, even if you made a grammatical error that is haunting you. Rather, read through and think carefully about your comment before posting it. Editing posts may get you mod-killed or replaced.
- Do not quote or post a screenshot from a QT to the Open Thread (OT) or a shared QT while the game is ongoing. You are free to make claims about your powers, roles, factions, etc., on the OT and/or in shared QTs, but those claims will not be confirmed or denied by the moderator.
- Do not discuss game specifics with other living players outside of the OT or shared QTs. It’s okay to talk very generally about the game or even nudge an absentee player outside of the game, but that’s it.
- Do not make gameplay-related comments on the OT after Twilight or once dead (dead players should also refrain from commenting in shared QTs).
- If you have questions that may reveal sensitive information, you can ask them in your individual (private) QT. You are encouraged to ask questions about whatever comes to mind.
- Attack arguments, not people. Players have different playing styles and prefer different levels of role play; be accommodating to them. Remember, it’s just a game; have fun, and try not to take it personally if you are mistrusted, accused, killed, or otherwise targeted. Even if players call you scum, they mean game-you, not real-you. Real-you is great.
VT QT Message
You are Vanilla Town. The fate of Earth is in your hands. Too bad you only have an Interstellar Relative Sapience Code (IRSC) of 93.7! Good luck!
Day Four will end at 12:00pm CST on Thursday, March 18th.