Let’s hear it for David Ayres, the operations manager and occasional Zamboni driver who became the emergency goalie for the Carolina Hurricanes and also became a star. At least for a few days. It’s the sort of story they make Disney films about, and it’s all true!
- The ‘Canes went and traded for a non-emergency goalie, one of a record 32 trades made by the NHL deadline on Monday.
- Markieff Morris signs with the Lakers and might share an apartment with his brother Marcus, currently a Clipper
- Yankees starter Luis Severino needs Tommy John surgery
- Will the NFL and the players reach an agreement on a new contract with a 17 game season no one but the owners wants?
- Thibodeau the next Knicks coach? Really? Really?
As always, all sports subjects welcome.