Welcome to a special NFL Kickoff Week edition of Sports Corner. (Boy, that is a bland anniversary logo.) Today. I will make a few predictions.
- With the arrival of reviewable pass interference calls, no one will have any idea what is actually interference anymore. At least two important games will hinge on these non-calls.
- Zeke Elliott will finally sign with the Cowboys, and will make no difference in getting his team to the Super Bowl.
- At least four teams will suffer ongoing difficulty in finding decent placekickers, leading one coach to start blaming the colleges for poor prep.
- The bottom half of the league will be incredibly hard to watch, but ratings for such teams won’t suffer much.
- Tom Brady will have a bad game, leading to endless speculation that he’s finally done. Until the following game, when he’s himself again.
- Eli Manning will be replacement level most of the season, and won’t miss a snap.
- And lastly, the Chiefs and Eagles meet in the Super Bowl.
As ever, all sports topics welcome.