Leaving Calas Galadhon was a grievous loss for the company. They knew their time in Lothlórien would be their last real rest and safety until their errand had come to an end. They clutched the gifts of the Lady of the Wood close to them as they boarded their canoes.
They traveled down the Great River and entered the hills of Emyn Muil. As they reached the Argonath, and the statues of Isildur and Anárion, Aragorn was filled with hope at the sight of his forefathers.
It was to be short-lived.
At the Falls of Rauros, the company was forced to leave the water and choose which side of the Anduin they would travel on. After much arguing with Boromir, the ringbearer slipped on the ring and fled back to the boats. As the Fellowship fell into disarray, they escaped to the Eastern bank with those few they could trust in tow.
One very very hairy hobbit found themselves alone in the chaos. Overwhelmed and desolate, he sat down and began to munch on the few radishes he had left in his bag. So enthralled was he by the scrumptious vegetables that he did not feel the encroaching shadows.
Hayjay (Alex Rettichzüchter) is DEAD. They were GIMLI.
As some of the company traveled East into the marshes that stood between them and the Cracks of Doom, the rest on the West side…well…dealt with a whole bunch of stuff. There was a kidnapping of the hobbits by orcs, and the pursuit of the orcs, and ending up at Meduseld, and some of the hobbits winding up in the forest of Fangorn, and so on and so forth. Honestly, it was a lot.
The one-day role of TREEBEARD has been activated. Check your QT’s.
Ultimately, though, they ended up on the road to Helm’s Deep. Just as they approached the fortress, an orc bearing the symbol of the White Hand emerged from the nearby trees, letting loose an arrow into the few remaining members of the company.
It hit its mark – one bunny, noble in stature, defiant in nature, and adorable in character.
Goat (The Rhosgobel Rabbit) is DEAD. They were ARAGORN.
With the Fellowship broken, the company split, and time running out, would the remaining members find a way to defeat the Dark Lord? Or would they find themselves under his dark will?
THE FREE PEOPLES (
18 8 Town):
- The Fellowship (4)
Frodo: The ring-bearer. The bearer of the ring is resistant to night-kills. If the ring-bearer is day-killed or corrupted (recruited), the ring passes to the next living non-corrupted member of the fellowship in this line of succession.
- Sam, Merry, &
Pippin: Ring-bearers in waiting. No other powers. Aragorn: Can heal with their knowledge of athelas. Chooses one player per night to heal from night-kill. Can heal themselves. Cannot heal the same player two nights in a row. Boromir: Automatically becomes a Nazgül (Wolf) on Day 3. However, if they are the only remaining living Nazgül, they will revert back to town. This still applies even if they are corrupted (recruited) before Day 3. Gimli: Jailor. May not jail themselves. May not jail the same person two nights in a row.
- Gandalf: If killed, will resurrect on the day of their choosing. Gandalf must be dead one full day before resurrection.
- Legolas: Investigator. Results will read NAZGÜL or NOT NAZGÜL.
- NOTE: IF ALL NINE MEMBERS OF THE FELLOWSHIP HAVE DIED OR BEEN CORRUPTED, THERE ARE NO REMAINING RING-BEARERS AND SAURON WINS (WITH AN EXCEPTION IF GOLLUM IS STILL ALIVE).
- NOTE: The ring-bearer is prevented from being night-killed due to the invisibility associated with wearing the ring. HOWEVER, if the ring-bearer role-claims outright, everyone will then know who they are and they will be vulnerable to night-kills. An outright role-claim would include “I’m [CHARACTER]” or “I am the ring-bearer” or some variation on such. The mod will be the final arbiter as to whether the ring-bearer has made such a role-claim. As a result, if someone receives the ring who has already role-claimed, they will also be vulnerable to night-kills.
Eowyn – Attempts to kill one player every night. They are only successful if they target the Witch-King of Angmar.
- Vanilla Town (4)
NAZGÜL (4 Wolves):
- Witch-King of Angmar – can only be night-killed by Eowyn. Can be day-killed like any other player.
Khamûl the Easterling – can attempt to corrupt (recruit) one townie every night until successful.
- Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #1 – Investigator. Investigation reveals the role of the player.
Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #2 – Vanilla wolf.
- One Nazgül Wraith
- One Boromir
OTHER POWERS (
2 1 Alternative Win Conditions):
- Saruman (Serial Killer) – traditional SK win condition (wins if they are left alive at the end with one townie; if the final players left alive are the SK and a wolf, a special ending will occur).
Gollum (Neutral) – If Gollum is still alive at the end for a town win, and Frodo is dead, Gollum wins instead of town. Also, if Gollum is alive and all of the members of the fellowship have died or been corrupted, the ring will fall to them, and the game will continue, although town can no longer win.
There will also be daily, single-day roles that can be assigned to either town or scum. Check your QTs every day to find out if you’ve been assigned a one-shot role.
Night actions will occur in the order that enables the most actions to go through.
1. Mayelbridwen (Embla, Halfling Ranger)
2. Mr. Glitch (Thörnn Glitchimüs Ironthumper)
3. Platypus Basileus (Reaganomicmir, son of Lamborghinimir)
4. Spooky (Andaly Dusklow)
5. Sic Humor (Vaarsuvius)
Sukaluski (The Sukarillion) – VANILLA TOWN
7. Josephus Brown (Sting)
8. Inndeeeeeeed (Walter White Out of Time) – GOLLUM
9. Annanomally (Hen Wen, the oracular pig)
10. Louiebb (Ivorwen) – VANILLA WOLF
11. Cop on the Edge-ish (Karrin Murphy, Chicago PD)
12. Goat (The Rhosgobel Rabbit) – ARAGORN 13. Owen (Oregon Trail Wagon Train Leader) – VANILLA TOWN
Hoho Possum (wee ho of ‘possum gulch) – PIPPIN 15. Forget It Jake (Geoff the Ent) – VANILLA TOWN
16. Wasp (Leslie Paynore, Wizard in Training)
17. Donalbain (Lord Donal of Bain) – EOWYN
19. DW (Yung Link) – VANILLA TOWN
20. April (Shadowfax)
21. Mac/Lindsay (Granny Lindsay)
22. Spiny Creature (Kenku Creature) – KHAMÛL THE EASTERLING 23. Hayjay (Alex Rettichzüchter) – GIMLI
24. Mr. I’m My Own Grandfather (Titanius Anglesmith, Fancy Man of Cornwood)
1. Colonel Mustard
2. Hayes Code
3. Lamb Dance
DO NOT QUOTE from any of your QT’s. Doing so will put you in danger of being mod-killed.
You are one of the four free peoples of Middle-Earth: Elves, Dwarves, Men, and Hobbits. Let’s be honest, you’re probably a dwarf. You have no power other than your vote (Vanilla Town). Use it wisely.
Participation: Please note that you must make a minimum of three posts per day to avoid being mod-killed.
TWILIGHT WILL BE 11AM CENTRAL TIME ON FRIDAY, JULY 19TH!