In terror and not a little confusion, the Fellowship ran from the Mines and the fiery death they had met within. It was not until they had gotten a league or more, and reached the shores of the Nimrodel, when they finally allowed themselves to collapse in grief and betrayal. Grief, as they said goodbye to their needlessly lying friend and occasional rhymesmith, Yung Link, and betrayal, as they pondered how they could have been fooled by the treacherous Ivorwen.
They had camped in the trees just to the west of Lothlórien at the behest of the elven scouts, when they began to feel the shadows of the wraiths creep toward them. In particular, towards Aragorn, Isildur’s heir.
Aragorn, feeling the Black Breath overtake him, reached for his flask, filled with tea brewed from the athelas plant, verily asëa aranion. He had brewed it the last time they had made fire, they day before they had entered the long dark of Moria. He quickly drank a deep draught of it, and as he did so he felt the corruption of the vile wraiths drain away. With a shriek, the shadows retreated into the night.
The party awoke with a sense of dread, and then relief as they saw that all of them were still alive.
After a brief argument about Dwarvish history, the elven scouts led the party into the Golden Wood, for an audience with Celeborn and Galadriel.
However, as they were about to enter, a crow suddenly flew by, completing its long journey from Isengard at the behest of its master. It came to rest on the strange, sentient garbage pile that had been traveling with the party for some reason.
It began to peck.
“Stop nibblin’ at me parts!” the garbage pile retorted, trying to shrug off the crow. But it continued pecking and pecking and pecking. The rest of the party stared in horror.
Hoho Possum (wee ho of ‘possum gulch) is DEAD. They were PIPPIN.
After sharing a small moment of grief at the passing of their garbage friend, they continued into Lothlórien, where the Lord and Lady of the Wood awaited them to give them respite, and to test their hearts.
The one-day role of GALADRIEL has been activated. Please check your QTs.
THE FREE PEOPLES (
18 10 Town):
- The Fellowship (6)
Frodo: The ring-bearer. The bearer of the ring is resistant to night-kills. If the ring-bearer is day-killed or corrupted (recruited), the ring passes to the next living non-corrupted member of the fellowship in this line of succession.
- Sam, Merry, &
Pippin: Ring-bearers in waiting. No other powers.
- Aragorn: Can heal with their knowledge of athelas. Chooses one player per night to heal from night-kill. Can heal themselves. Cannot heal the same player two nights in a row.
Boromir: Automatically becomes a Nazgül (Wolf) on Day 3. However, if they are the only remaining living Nazgül, they will revert back to town. This still applies even if they are corrupted (recruited) before Day 3.
- Gimli: Jailor. May not jail themselves. May not jail the same person two nights in a row.
- Gandalf: If killed, will resurrect on the day of their choosing. Gandalf must be dead one full day before resurrection.
- Legolas: Investigator. Results will read NAZGÜL or NOT NAZGÜL.
- NOTE: IF ALL NINE MEMBERS OF THE FELLOWSHIP HAVE DIED OR BEEN CORRUPTED, THERE ARE NO REMAINING RING-BEARERS AND SAURON WINS (WITH AN EXCEPTION IF GOLLUM IS STILL ALIVE).
- NOTE: The ring-bearer is prevented from being night-killed due to the invisibility associated with wearing the ring. HOWEVER, if the ring-bearer role-claims outright, everyone will then know who they are and they will be vulnerable to night-kills. An outright role-claim would include “I’m [CHARACTER]” or “I am the ring-bearer” or some variation on such. The mod will be the final arbiter as to whether the ring-bearer has made such a role-claim. As a result, if someone receives the ring who has already role-claimed, they will also be vulnerable to night-kills.
Eowyn – Attempts to kill one player every night. They are only successful if they target the Witch-King of Angmar.
- Vanilla Town (4)
NAZGÜL (5 Wolves):
- Witch-King of Angmar – can only be night-killed by Eowyn. Can be day-killed like any other player.
- Khamûl the Easterling – can attempt to corrupt (recruit) one townie every night until successful.
- Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #1 – Investigator. Investigation reveals the role of the player.
Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #2 – Vanilla wolf.
- One Nazgül Wraith
- One Boromir
OTHER POWERS (
2 1 Alternative Win Conditions):
- Saruman (Serial Killer) – traditional SK win condition (wins if they are left alive at the end with one townie; if the final players left alive are the SK and a wolf, a special ending will occur).
Gollum (Neutral) – If Gollum is still alive at the end for a town win, and Frodo is dead, Gollum wins instead of town. Also, if Gollum is alive and all of the members of the fellowship have died or been corrupted, the ring will fall to them, and the game will continue, although town can no longer win.
There will also be daily, single-day roles that can be assigned to either town or scum. Check your QTs every day to find out if you’ve been assigned a one-shot role.
Night actions will occur in the order that enables the most actions to go through.
1. Mayelbridwen (Embla, Halfling Ranger)
2. Mr. Glitch (Thörnn Glitchimüs Ironthumper)
3. Platypus Basileus (Reaganomicmir, son of Lamborghinimir)
4. Spooky (Andaly Dusklow)
5. Sic Humor (Vaarsuvius)
Sukaluski (The Sukarillion) – VANILLA TOWN
7. Josephus Brown (Sting)
8. Inndeeeeeeed (Walter White Out of Time) – GOLLUM
9. Annanomally (Hen Wen, the oracular pig)
10. Louiebb (Ivorwen) – VANILLA WOLF
11. Cop on the Edge-ish (Karrin Murphy, Chicago PD)
12. Goat (The Rhosgobel Rabbit)
13. Owen (Oregon Trail Wagon Train Leader) – VANILLA TOWN
Hoho Possum (wee ho of ‘possum gulch) – PIPPIN 15. Forget It Jake (Geoff the Ent) – VANILLA TOWN
16. Wasp (Leslie Paynore, Wizard in Training)
17. Donalbain (Lord Donal of Bain) – EOWYN
19. DW (Yung Link) – VANILLA TOWN
20. April (Shadowfax)
21. Mac/Lindsay (Granny Lindsay)
22. Spiny Creature (Kenku Creature)
23. Hayjay (Alex Rettichzüchter)
24. Mr. I’m My Own Grandfather (Titanius Anglesmith, Fancy Man of Cornwood)
1. Colonel Mustard
2. Hayes Code
3. Lamb Dance
DO NOT QUOTE from any of your QT’s. Doing so will put you in danger of being mod-killed.
You are one of the four free peoples of Middle-Earth: Elves, Dwarves, Men, and Hobbits. Let’s be honest, you’re probably a dwarf. You have no power other than your vote (Vanilla Town). Use it wisely.
Participation: Please note that you must make a minimum of three posts per day to avoid being mod-killed.
TWILIGHT WILL BE 6PM CENTRAL TIME ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 17TH!