The sky was grey on the day the Fellowship set out from Rivendell. Despite the stirring words of Elrond, it did not look auspicious, and the company was almost immediately waylaid by spies, in the form of flocks of Crebain, crow-like birds that reported their movements back to some Power.
Gandalf sought to take them by way of the Redhorn Gate, the high pass over the Misty Mountains. Halfway up, an immense snowstorm hit the pass, and halted the company’s progress. In the storm, they heard foul voices, and stones were hurled at them from the dark clouds. They had no choice but to make camp for the night.
It was in the night that the shadows crept their way in. Their victim woke as he felt their approach, and moved to protect himself.
He moved…very…slowly. Too slowly to escape from the clutching darkness.
“Hoom hom, what is this?” Geoff the Ent said as the wraith hands wrapped around his branches. His final words rang out as they flung him off the side of the mountain.
Jake (Geoff the Ent) is DEAD. She was VANILLA TOWN.
From the far-off tower of Orthanc, a single lightning bolt flew through the air, many leagues, towards the company, and as Geoff fell, it hit him, electrocuting him and turning him into a shower of sparks. He looked like a firework against the dark night of the mountains.
Jake (Geoff the Ent) is STILL DEAD.
At the camp, the company did not notice Geoff’s fate. They were fast asleep, exhausted from the attempt on the Redhorn Gate. The one member still awake, keeping watch, was the warrior and heir to the stewardship of Gondor, Boromir. He should have noticed the goings-on, but he was too entranced – staring at the ring hanging around the hobbit’s neck, as it glinted in the dim light, so powerful, so beautiful…
Boromir has been corrupted, and is now a NAZGÜL.
Gandalf led them in retreat from cruel Caradhras. The mountain had defeated them. They had no choice now but to take the darkest way. They would go through the Mines of Moria.
The one-day role of THE BALROG has been activated. Please check your QT’s.
THE FREE PEOPLES (
18 12 Town):
- The Fellowship (7)
Frodo: The ring-bearer. The bearer of the ring is resistant to night-kills. If the ring-bearer is day-killed or corrupted (recruited), the ring passes to the next living non-corrupted member of the fellowship in this line of succession.
- Sam, Merry, & Pippin: Ring-bearers in waiting. No other powers.
- Aragorn: Can heal with their knowledge of athelas. Chooses one player per night to heal from night-kill. Can heal themselves. Cannot heal the same player two nights in a row.
Boromir: Automatically becomes a Nazgül (Wolf) on Day 3. However, if they are the only remaining living Nazgül, they will revert back to town. This still applies even if they are corrupted (recruited) before Day 3.
- Gimli: Jailor. May not jail themselves. May not jail the same person two nights in a row.
- Gandalf: If killed, will resurrect on the day of their choosing. Gandalf must be dead one full day before resurrection.
- Legolas: Investigator. Results will read NAZGÜL or NOT NAZGÜL.
- NOTE: IF ALL NINE MEMBERS OF THE FELLOWSHIP HAVE DIED OR BEEN CORRUPTED, THERE ARE NO REMAINING RING-BEARERS AND SAURON WINS (WITH AN EXCEPTION IF GOLLUM IS STILL ALIVE).
- NOTE: The ring-bearer is prevented from being night-killed due to the invisibility associated with wearing the ring. HOWEVER, if the ring-bearer role-claims outright, everyone will then know who they are and they will be vulnerable to night-kills. An outright role-claim would include “I’m [CHARACTER]” or “I am the ring-bearer” or some variation on such. The mod will be the final arbiter as to whether the ring-bearer has made such a role-claim. As a result, if someone receives the ring who has already role-claimed, they will also be vulnerable to night-kills.
Eowyn – Attempts to kill one player every night. They are only successful if they target the Witch-King of Angmar.
- Vanilla Town (5)
4 5 6 Wolves):
- Witch-King of Angmar – can only be night-killed by Eowyn. Can be day-killed like any other player.
- Khamûl the Easterling – can attempt to corrupt (recruit) one townie every night until successful.
- Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #1 – Investigator. Investigation reveals the role of the player.
- Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #2 – Vanilla wolf.
- One Nazgül Wraith
- One Boromir
OTHER POWERS (
2 1 Alternative Win Conditions):
- Saruman (Serial Killer) – traditional SK win condition (wins if they are left alive at the end with one townie; if the final players left alive are the SK and a wolf, a special ending will occur).
Gollum (Neutral) – If Gollum is still alive at the end for a town win, and Frodo is dead, Gollum wins instead of town. Also, if Gollum is alive and all of the members of the fellowship have died or been corrupted, the ring will fall to them, and the game will continue, although town can no longer win.
There will also be daily, single-day roles that can be assigned to either town or scum. Check your QTs every day to find out if you’ve been assigned a one-shot role.
Night actions will occur in the order that enables the most actions to go through.
1. Mayelbridwen (Embla, Halfling Ranger)
2. Mr. Glitch (Thörnn Glitchimüs Ironthumper)
3. Platypus Basileus (Reaganomicmir, son of Lamborghinimir)
4. Spooky (Andaly Dusklow)
5. Sic Humor (Vaarsuvius)
Sukaluski (The Sukarillion) – VANILLA TOWN
7. Josephus Brown (Sting)
8. Inndeeeeeeed (Walter White Out of Time) – GOLLUM
9. Annanomally (Hen Wen, the oracular pig)
10. Louiebb (Ivorwen)
11. Cop on the Edge-ish (Karrin Murphy, Chicago PD)
12. Goat (The Rhosgobel Rabbit)
13. Owen (Oregon Trail Wagon Train Leader) – VANILLA TOWN
14. Hoho Possum (wee ho of ‘possum gulch)
15. Forget It Jake (Geoff the Ent) – VANILLA TOWN
16. Wasp (Leslie Paynore, Wizard in Training)
17. Donalbain (Lord Donal of Bain) – EOWYN
19. DW (Yung Link)
20. April (Shadowfax)
21. Mac/Lindsay (Granny Lindsay)
22. Spiny Creature (Kenku Creature)
23. Hayjay (Alex Rettichzüchter)
24. Mr. I’m My Own Grandfather (Titanius Anglesmith, Fancy Man of Cornwood)
1. Colonel Mustard
2. Hayes Code
3. Lamb Dance
DO NOT QUOTE from any of your QT’s. Doing so will put you in danger of being mod-killed.
You are one of the four free peoples of Middle-Earth: Elves, Dwarves, Men, and Hobbits. Let’s be honest, you’re probably a dwarf. You have no power other than your vote (Vanilla Town). Use it wisely.
Participation: Please note that you must make a minimum of three posts per day to avoid being mod-killed.
TWILIGHT WILL BE AT 11AM CENTRAL TIME ON TUESDAY, JULY 16TH.