This started off as just a monkey round, but the first two questions I thought of were music related, so here we are.
- “Code Monkey” is a song about a lovelorn programmer written by what geek-friendly troubadour who also wrote the theme songs for both Portal games?
- Peter Gabriel’s “Shock the Monkey” is often (incorrectly) assumed to be about a well known experiment in which subjects were led to believe they were administering electric shocks to another person as part of a memory test. Name the Yale psychologist who conducted that experiment and wrote about his findings in the 1974 book Obedience to Authority.
- What is the name of the potent potable shown below, a premixed cocktail that inspired a 1987 song?
- What Barenaked Ladies song extols the virtues of Kraft Dinner regardless of one’s level of poverty or wealth and also poses the musical question “Haven’t you always wanted a monkey?”
- In The Jungle Book, what simian singer expresses his desire to emulate humans in the song “I Wan’na Be Like You”?
- Jonathan Coulton
- Stanley Milgram
- Brass Monkey
- “If I Had $1000000”
- King Louie
Please use spoiler tags if you play along in the comments.