The party left the Prancing Pony with their spirits low. Although they now had Strider to guide them, they knew the Nazgül were fast on their tail.
Hoping to throw the Black Riders off, they made their way through the Midgewater Marshes, providing a healthy repast for the swarms of midges that called the marshes their home. Despite the scratching and itching and the unpleasant bogs and difficult terrain, the little group made its way to Weathertop, and the watchtower of Amon Sûl.
It was there they were waylaid. As night fell, Nazgül attacked the party.
Far from her homeland of Rohan, the valiant shieldmaiden Eowyn heard the cries of the hobbits from atop the hill. She sprang into action, and thinking she saw the red eyes of the Witch-King of Angmar, swung wildly into the thick darkness. There was of course nothing there. The weight of the broadsword blow connecting with empty air flung Eowyn to the ground. As she breathed hard and attempted to recover, she did not notice the black shadows, almost imperceptible, closing in around her. The wraiths were upon her by the time she noticed their presence.
As she died, she whispered seven quiet words to the encroaching shadows…
“Are you here to carry my things?”
Donalbain (Lord Donal of Bain) is dead. He was EOWYN.
With Eowyn totally ineffectual at killing anyone, the hobbits were left open to the Nazgül attack. In a moment of fear, Frodo put on the ring and was revealed to the Black Riders. The face of one, a mask of agony and greed, materialized before Frodo’s eyes. Khamûl the Easterling, great and terrible king of lands to the East, Lieutenant of Dol Guldur, slipped his foul Morgul-blade into Frodo’s shoulder.
Frodo cried out in pain, falling and slipping the ring off his finger. Strider beat back the Nazgül with fire. But the damage had been done.
Far from Weathertop, high in the tower of Orthanc, an old man in white robes held a small reptilian creature in his arms. Although he had hoped for useful information regarding the One Ring from the pathetic thing, all his devices had lead to naught but more whimpering.
As the life drained from him, the creature uttered a final, weak statement…
“I was too lazy to think of another character to RP…”
Inndeeeeeeeed (Walter White Out of Time) is dead. He was GOLLUM.
Riding alone on Glorfindel’s horse, Frodo came to the Ford of Bruinen. As he crossed the ford, he turned and saw the full complement of the Nazgül waiting for him to succumb to the evil magic of his wound. Strength drained from his body as, almost unconsciously, he shouted the words of the great Elven hymn to Varda.
A Elbereth Gilthoniel!
He slipped from the horse as the sound of water rushing filled his ears, and as he lost consciousness, he saw the faces of white horses in the oncoming flood.
He did not wake again.
Although he worked around the clock for days, Elrond Half-Elven was unable to remove the sliver of the Morgul-knife from Frodo’s shoulder. In the end, it reached Frodo’s heart.
Frodo has been CORRUPTED and is now a NAZGÜL WRAITH.
Despite many losses, you’ve finally come to rest in Rivendell. Take this time to sleep and regain your strength, for soon you’ll be summoned to the Council of Elrond.
The one-day role of FIGWIT has been activated. Please check your QT’s.
And soon you’ll have to decide who should continue the journey, and who should be…cast aside.
THE FREE PEOPLES (16 Town):
- The Fellowship (8)
Frodo: The ring-bearer. The bearer of the ring is resistant to night-kills. If the ring-bearer is day-killed or corrupted (recruited), the ring passes to the next living non-corrupted member of the fellowship in this line of succession.
- Sam, Merry, & Pippin: Ring-bearers in waiting. No other powers.
- Aragorn: Can heal with their knowledge of athelas. Chooses one player per night to heal from night-kill. Can heal themselves. Cannot heal the same player two nights in a row.
- Boromir: Automatically becomes a Nazgül (Wolf) on Day 3. However, if they are the only remaining living Nazgül, they will revert back to town. This still applies even if they are corrupted (recruited) before Day 3.
- Gimli: Jailor. May not jail themselves. May not jail the same person two nights in a row.
- Gandalf: If killed, will resurrect on the day of their choosing. Gandalf must be dead one full day before resurrection.
- Legolas: Investigator. Results will read NAZGÜL or NOT NAZGÜL.
- NOTE: IF ALL NINE MEMBERS OF THE FELLOWSHIP HAVE DIED OR BEEN CORRUPTED, THERE ARE NO REMAINING RING-BEARERS AND SAURON WINS (WITH AN EXCEPTION IF GOLLUM IS STILL ALIVE).
- NOTE: The ring-bearer is prevented from being night-killed due to the invisibility associated with wearing the ring. HOWEVER, if the ring-bearer role-claims outright, everyone will then know who they are and they will be vulnerable to night-kills. An outright role-claim would include “I’m [CHARACTER]” or “I am the ring-bearer” or some variation on such. The mod will be the final arbiter as to whether the ring-bearer has made such a role-claim. As a result, if someone receives the ring who has already role-claimed, they will also be vulnerable to night-kills.
Eowyn – Attempts to kill one player every night. They are only successful if they target the Witch-King of Angmar.
- Vanilla Town (8)
4 5 Wolves):
- Witch-King of Angmar – can only be night-killed by Eowyn. Can be day-killed like any other player.
- Khamûl the Easterling – can attempt to corrupt (recruit) one townie every night until successful.
- Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #1 – Investigator. Investigation reveals the role of the player.
- Nameless Numenorean Nazgül #2 – Vanilla wolf.
- One Nazgül Wraith
OTHER POWERS (
2 1 Alternative Win Conditions):
- Saruman (Serial Killer) – traditional SK win condition (wins if they are left alive at the end with one townie; if the final players left alive are the SK and a wolf, a special ending will occur).
Gollum (Neutral) – If Gollum is still alive at the end for a town win, and Frodo is dead, Gollum wins instead of town. Also, if Gollum is alive and all of the members of the fellowship have died or been corrupted, the ring will fall to them, and the game will continue, although town can no longer win.
There will also be daily, single-day roles that can be assigned to either town or scum. Check your QTs every day to find out if you’ve been assigned a one-shot role.
Night actions will occur in the order that enables the most actions to go through.
1. Mayelbridwen (Embla, Halfling Ranger)
2. Mr. Glitch (Thörnn Glitchimüs Ironthumper)
3. Platypus Basileus (Reaganomicmir, son of Lamborghinimir)
4. Spooky (Andaly Dusklow)
5. Sic Humor (Vaarsuvius)
6. Sukaluski (The Sukarillion)
7. Josephus Brown (Sting)
8. Inndeeeeeeed (Walter White Out of Time) – GOLLUM
9. Annanomally (Hen Wen, the oracular pig)
10. Louiebb (Ivorwen)
11. Cop on the Edge-ish (Karrin Murphy, Chicago PD)
12. Goat (The Rhosgobel Rabbit)
13. Owen (Oregon Trail Wagon Train Leader) – VANILLA TOWN
14. Hoho Possum (wee ho of ‘possum gulch)
15. Forget It Jake (Geoff the Ent)
16. Wasp (Leslie Paynore, Wizard in Training)
17. Donalbain (Lord Donal of Bain) – EOWYN
19. DW (Yung Link)
20. April (Shadowfax)
21. Mac/Lindsay (Rather Dashing)
22. Spiny Creature (Kenku Creature)
23. Hayjay (Alex Rettichzüchter)
24. Mr. I’m My Own Grandfather (Titanius Anglesmith, Fancy Man of Cornwood)
1. Colonel Mustard
2. Hayes Code
3. Lamb Dance
DO NOT QUOTE from any of your QT’s. Doing so will put you in danger of being mod-killed.
You are one of the four free peoples of Middle-Earth: Elves, Dwarves, Men, and Hobbits. Let’s be honest, you’re probably a dwarf. You have no power other than your vote (Vanilla Town). Use it wisely.
Participation: Please note that you must make a minimum of three posts per day to avoid being mod-killed.
TWILIGHT IS 8PM CST ON SUNDAY, JULY 14TH!