In honor of some upcoming travels. Which, incidentally, is why so shortly after its return this feature is going back on hiatus for another little while. I hope to post a couple of times while I’m gone, but it won’t be every day.
- Julius Benedict, John Kimble, and Alex Hesse are three characters played by an Austrian-American actor in separate films by a Slovak-Canadian director. Name the actor and the director.
- The Math Who Loved Only Numbers is a biography of what eccentric Hungarian mathematician who is believed to hold the record for most published mathematical papers?
- The clock pictured below is located in what European capital?
- The tone poem that is generally associated with the film 2001: A Space Odyssey and the waltz that plays during the film’s docking sequence were both written by composers with what last name?
- A specialty brandy known as Schwarzwälder Kirschwasser is a key ingredient in and the namesake of what popular German dessert? English name, please.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ivan Reitman
- Paul Erdős
- Black forest cake
Please use spoiler tags if you play along in the comments.