And we’re back. With school out, I’m going to try to resume posting these semi-regularly, at least when I’m not traveling.
These are hard. Sorry. I’m trying to dig deep into some of my weaker categories.
- What nine volume novel by Laurence Sterne mixes humor, literary references, and metafictional devices, much as beer and fruit juice can be mixed to make a refreshing beverage?
- Omeros is a book length epic poem that is considered the major achievement of what Caribbean-born Nobel Prize winner?
- What historical Song Dynasty magistrate has been remembered in Chinese literature and opera as a sort of one-man Law and Order figure who investigates crimes and prosecutes the offenders?
- A 1941 short story by Jorge Luis Borges describes an infinite library containing all possible texts. This library shares its name with what biblical structure?
- In 1913 Rabindranath Tagore became the first non-European to win a Nobel Prize for literature largely on the strength of his own English translation of his poetry collection Gitanjali. In what language was Gitanjali originally written?
- The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman (Tristram Shandy)
- Derek Walcott
- Bao Zheng (Bao Gong, Judge/Justice Bao)
- Tower of Babel