Hello! It’s BannerThief, your boy, host of such famous breaking points for this community as the “Best Musical” tournament and the “Most Underrated Film” tournament. And we’re here to determine…which video game has the best story?
What does that mean? Is a story merely the cutscenes in between an otherwise disconnected series of gameplay moments? Is it the mechanics informing the narrative in meaningful, impactful ways? Is it the journey you, as a player, embark upon, with trials and travails, leading to a meaningful emotional catharsis for you and only you?
A video game’s story can and has been all of these things, and we’re here to determine which one is the best by consensus voting!
Well, “best” as determined by a bunch of nerds who occupy a sequel site to a spin-off channel of an already niche pop culture website. That’s what makes these so exciting!
1) The sixty-four participants will be arranged in 32 brackets according to their seed as determined by upvotes received during the nomination round.
2) Feel free to comment inside the competition comments; however, don’t respond to the top-level comments, as to avoid clutter.
3) Video games are art. Deal with it.
BONUS: Some games that barely didn’t make the cut-off!
- Persona 5
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Tales From The Borderlands
- Assassin’s Creed 2
- Assassin’s Creed 3
The stage is set. Pour one out for the fallen…and let’s do this.