This is the updated version of the previous thread. Today we are focusing on Sunday events. As you probably guessed, I stayed home for the weekend, so I’ll be trying to keep you all up to date. So what is happening?
Today, all the countries will finish voting. Results will start pouring in after 23:00 CET, which is the moment Italian polls close.
All you need to know is hiding here: https://www.politico.eu/2019-european-elections/
What’s this all about then?
Most EU law is created through this procedure called co-decision. It was agreed by all EU Member States. In a nutshell…
– The European Council (think Presidents and Prime Ministers) decide on a general direction for the EU.
– The European Commission drafts laws based on the decisions of the European Council.
– The European Parliament (people you’ll elect in May) and the Council of Ministers (Ministers from your national government) make changes to the proposal from the Commission and go back and forward until they agree. The proposal becomes law only when the Parliament and the Council agree.
The three biggest players within EU parliament:
Give A Shit? Give A Vote is a campaign aimed at younger voters but all things considered, their page is kinda funny and it very briefly and adequately explains all things EU elections and why you should vote, or why is it important for us to vote. This link takes you to the “Why” section, in which you can learn more about EU: https://www.giveavote.eu/why
- Featured comment will include only the most important info of the day; with this much of shit going on, it would be impossible to keep editing and re-featuring the comment. Therefore you gonna have to scroll down for any additional info this time around.
- I am gonna be gone for a bigger part of the day; my mate has a birthday party and Czechia is playing Russia for bronze. But do not worry, I will be back before 11 and since I have to work anyway, I am gonna be here all night.
- All rules of Politics Thread and Avocado in general apply. Do not threaten Maire DuÉcureuil!