I hope everyone’s doing well today. Yesterday’s shocking Notre Dame fire was upsetting for many, but hopefully by the time this thread goes up it’s been put out. I’ve never been to Paris, sadly, but Notre Dame was nevertheless an important part of my childhood largely thanks to Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame, a film so fucking beautiful that I almost want to have myself hypnotized so I could experience it for “the first time” as an adult. You’ve probably all seen it by now, but in the unlikely event that you haven’t, give it a look.
(Oh, and on a much lighter note, I came across this when trying to find an appropriate image for this thread. If this isn’t a meme by now, it should be…)
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a blessed afternoon, everyone!
And you are loved.
You must be logged in to post a comment.