Jeopardy! recap for Tue., Feb. 26 – Taking over for DJ in game one, match two of Jeopardy! All-Stars were:
– Seth (Team Julia, $5,600 carried over from yesterday’s SJ round), who got married and now performs marriage ceremonies;
– Roger (Team Austin, $2,800), who teaches computers how to solve problems using data; and
– Matt (Team Ken, $9,800), who prepared by using 364,878 flash cards.
Matt left no doubt who was the best player of this threesome, hitting both DDs and completely dominating the action. Going into FJ it was Matt with $37,500, Seth at $11,200 and Roger with $6,800.
DD2, $800 – RIVERS – During monsoon season, this river in Cambodia reverses its flow, flooding the Tonle Sap River & Tonle Sap Lake (Matt won $8,500)
DD3, $1,200 – ANCIENT AGRICULTURE – The Romans made sure to plant legumes, which increase yield by returning this element to the soil (Matt won $4,000)
Today’s FJ competitors were:
– Julia, who had a great experience (and ate the right foods) as team captain;
– Leonard, who is now a grad student at Brown; and
– Monica, who says Jeopardy! success does not lead to a career as a doctor.
FJ – EUROPEAN ARTISTS – His seldom-used last name reflects his birth near the mouth of a river that flows from the Alps to the North Sea
This was a pretty easy FJ for a tournament of this stature, and surprisingly Julia missed it. Following Ben’s advice, Julia bet it all and dropped to $0. Monica and Leonard were correct and made modest wagers of $2,503 and $1,200 respectively, lifting Team Ken to $40,003 and Team Austin to $8,000.
Going into game two, assuming that Team Ken likely will have a lock on the match, the mission for the other two teams will be to qualify for a wild card by beating Team Colby’s score of $21,800. Of course, Team Austin and Team Julia don’t know the score to beat for a wild card spot, as they were sequestered for the first match.
That’s before our time: No one knew the wacky noise-loving 1940s bandleader of the comical City Slickers was Spike Jones.
This day in Trebekistan: Alex got mixed up as to whether Monica or Austin appeared first on the show and apparently still thinks they hold the Jeopardy! Seniors Tournament.
DD2 – What is the Mekong?
DD3 – What is nitrogen?
FJ – Who was Rembrandt (van Rijn)?