Well, it’s finally upon us: Valentine’s Day. For many, it’s a day of joy, excitement, and potentially more than that. For others, well…
Yeah. Being single this month can kind of suck.
From personal experience, I have been single for V-day for a number of years now. My goal (or at least my attempt at a goal) has always been to spend the day being nice to others, and perhaps just as importantly, to myself. I think V-day can stand for love of all kinds, whether it’s to family, friends, and yes, yourself. So do something nice for you! Do something cool for someone else! If you have a significant other, awesome! Today is the day for both of you. And if you don’t, that’s alright too.
What I’m saying in a nutshell is that everyone should have a good day on Thursday, and I hope that they will.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a lovely evening, everyone!
And you are loved.