On Monday night, Red Sox utility player Brock Holt became the first man to hit for the cycle in a playoff game. The cycle happens about as often as a no hitter, and just like there are pitchers with no hitters who never did anything of note otherwise, there are players who’ve hit for the cycle and faded from view. There is a chance that Holt will be one of them. But just like Don Larsen and Roy Halladay will forever be remembered for their no hitters in the playoffs, Holt will be remembered for his cycle. Even if he wasn’t part of the Red Sox’ clinching win last night.
- The UFC once more goes from serious sport to the WWE but unscripted in the blink of an eye.
- Hockey season is off and skating!
- One week to NBA tipoff time
- Congrats to Drew Brees on becoming the all time NFL passing leader
- Here comes Notre Dame to once more screw up a Power Five champion’s plans
As ever, all sports topics welcome.