This has been a pretty exhausting couple of days of news (even by the current standards), and combine that with the weather changing for many of us, and you have a pretty good recipe for stress. For me, as the country (and the world to an extent) feels like it’s becoming more and more divided by the day, I try to think of the things that can unite us. One those, to some extent, has always been pop culture. Sure, we might all fight abouy politics, but at least we can (usually) get along when it comes to discussing things like Star Trek or Back to the Future. It’s a cliche sentiment, I know, but one that rings true, and perhaps one we need more than ever right now.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a lovely evening, everyone!
And you are loved.